Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit Farting (Training Aid)
Quote | Reply
Very interesting.....I had to don my wetsuit today because the pool heater is broken. As I was swimming, I farted in my wetsuit. It resulted in a large bubble between the wetsuit and my skin. As I was rolling to my side to breathe with each stroke, the fart bubble would rotate around my torso. If I rolled far enough, the bubble would do a 360 degree rotation around my torso. I used the fart bubble to ensure I properly rolled to my side to breathe. It only lasted for 4-5 laps, but was a cool training aid.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit Farting (Training Aid) [TheBorg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn you, More coffee on my laptop!

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me be the first to say that this is rather sick ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sometimes wear my Desoto tri shorts for training in the pool. Did the same thing about 6 months ago. Was awesome to feel how far you were rotating. I know it only lasted a few laps. If you want to use this tool more often, consider changing your diet. Might I suggest Wendy's chili or some good ole bean salad. Thanks for reminiding me about this sensation. I'll have you to thank when I set a PR on the 1/2 IM swim this season.

By the way, your Subject line was all I needed to know exactly what you were talking about.

Chubby
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do NOT fart in a wetsuit!

1) It's gross

2) It's risky ;-)

3) After several farts per wearing, T1 smells like an open sewer. Not good for your peers. IM races would be an environmental disaster if we all farted in our wetsuits and got to T1 together.

4) It causes your wetsuit to shrink! I used to fart in my wetsuit fairly regularly and eventually it got too small to wear. I had to shell out many hundreds of dollars for a new one. I had to choose whether I woulod get a suit the right size and give upfarting sothe suit wouldn't shrink too small all over again or buy a size too large and wait for it to fit next year. I have reduced my carb intake (and increased my protein) so farts are less of an issue and my wetsuit will hopefully last longer.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful. Did if finally escape through the zipper, the neck, the ankle? You busted me. My wife thought I was reading work emails until I burst out laughing.

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit Farting (Training Aid) [Codex0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LMFAO!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe what you experienced would be an adaptation of a "dutch oven"

One of those terms, akin to Cleveland Steamer, Bismark or Donkey Punch only sligthly tamer.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit Farting (Training Aid) [Chubby Hubby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In reply to:

If you want to use this tool more often, consider changing your diet. Might I suggest Wendy's chili or some good ole bean salad.

Based on a previous thread in this forum, you may want to also try the Mac and Beef at Ryan's Steakhouse.

(but please, not in my pool).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
God I needed that laugh. I am sitting in my living room laughing, and read it out loud to my wife, all I got from her was "tsk"

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now if only I could convince my wife of the same thing in bed of a night.
Last edited by: blew: Nov 16, 04 19:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
perfect. f@#ing beautiful!!! laughed like a hiyena. "Excuse me, hottie in the next lane, how's my form? This fart bubble is really helping me roll properly. Wanna borrow my wetsuit?" Then we'll go out for some doughnuts, eh? "
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit Farting (Training Aid) [Tri-ing in TO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
read it out loud to my wife, all I got from her was "tsk"
You were expecting her to send it to Reader's Digest?
Quote Reply