Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Escape from Alcatraz now $295!!! [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The other day we where totalling up our yearly race fees.... in excess of $2500 just in entry fees!

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Last edited by: Goodtime: Nov 16, 04 17:00
Quote Reply
Re: Escape from Alcatraz now $295!!! [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, now that Larry has spoken, I guess that is the last word.

Maybe someone on the other side of the country has a real life and LIKES to holiday somewhere else in the US. Maybe his/her family LIKES to come along to a place where there is something for everyone.

Joel--hope to see you again in 2006. Stay longer at the party next time. And any other "idiot" who will be here in 2005, open invite for a get-together.

clm, hopped up on pain killers

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Escape from Alcatraz now $295!!! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that's almost as nasty as my original 'legions...' post. I like it. I'm glad there's somebody else who has gone to the dark side. Fear breeds anger, anger breeds hate...

Ironmaidenclm and I have something in common. She hates LarrygoingoinbackbacktoCaliCali and I have some serious issues with many, many posts. Is there an alliance in the making?

Obiwan, you're my only hope...
Quote Reply
Re: Escape from Alcatraz now $295!!! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I know. Realistically though, this is what most races probably should cost.
WTF???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When the plane ticket costs more than the entry fee you can count me out. Not to say I won't do it once, but once would be enough. The idea of hosting an "unorganized" race with local training bud's is in the mix. Could be a whole new dimension to this thing called triathlon.

Supple and Demand...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So? Then don't race it you buncha cheapskates! Do you know what a pain it is to put on a race?? Would YOU do it for the kind of money you'd keep? I sure wouldn't. Wayyyyyy too much work, some risk, and lots of thankless effort. Pass.

Entry fees are trivial, even at $2500 for the year. Do fewer races then.

No one "owes" you an event. And they aren't meant to be non-profit (and maybe they aren't meant to be for-profit either). They are what they are. Sheesh.

Personally, I don't care what the fee is for Alcatraz (or IM Hawaii). If I could bust out a swim like that, you could stick a 2 on the front of that amount and I'd still pony up. Lucky for my bank account, I'm not even close to being able to manage that swim.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Escape from Alcatraz now $295!!! [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the Enviro version last summer. Great event and would recommend it to anyone. Course is a bit different, but challenging and a lot of fun. Unfortunately last summer the fog set in and the swim course was knocked down to swimming around the breakwater by Aquatic Park instead of riding the ferries out to Alcatraz and swimming in. If you can't get a spot in the Tri California event, then definitely recommend this one. As far as the money goes, you're going to have to pay when the event is held in a city that requires numerous permits and road closures.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently the idiots don't know or don't care the agegroupers are subsidizing the pro races to an amount in the multiply five digit range. Personally I rather they spent that money giving back something to the those that paid it. This year Tri california gave ribbions to second and third place in the age groups. Wow! Now thats worth $295 dollars.

I think they should raise the race to $500 as apparently some here think price is no object. The race is obviously still too cheap. Maybe we can get the entrys down to only a thousand who can actually afford it and some of those with marginal athletic ability can actually finish in the top ten in their age group.

This is going to be really good for the sport in the long
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]

Prev Next