Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sydney Running Spots?
Quote | Reply
I am heading down undah Friday night (from Chicago) with my GF, who is Aussie of course. We'll only be there for two weeks so no bike, but definitely will get some swims in at the Sydney Aquatic Centre and up at the Reef in Qland.

Any recos for good running routes while in Sydney? I've been before but can't remember where the heck I ran. I am planning to bring my new forerunner 201 so I shouldn't get lost? right?

Any recos would be helpful. also, I understand there might be some Rugby on while down there? Wallabies v. ABs?
Quote Reply
Re: Sydney Running Spots? [Weege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found running in the botanical gardens to be quite nice (beware of the large fruit bats). When running on the path along side the Harbor you will find a stunning view of the Sydney Harbor Bridge & the Opera House, Breathtaking (I had to stop and stare for a few minutes)!

Enjoy; great city!

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't live there, but frequent trips have shown me some good places:

If you start at Coogee Beach, there is a incredibly scenic coastal running path (mostly paved) that runs to the south about 5 miles and to the north at least that far (I haven't run it to the end).

Downtown (near the opera house) there is a pathway along the waterfront that goes in both directions. That should keep you pretty busy.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Sydney Running Spots? [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not done the one at Coogee, I'll have to check that out. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running from Bronte to Bondi over the headlands is superb. Some nice sights at the beach too, but I'll leave that to your imagination.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which part of Sydney are you staying in?

I am a Sydney sider living in the midwest now - I can help you out with a plethora of great spots.

AJ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://city2surf.sunherald.com.au/course.asp

A few years ago I was staying in Sydney over the weekend and ran the city2surf out and back one morning - nice run. The link above goes to a map of the course.
Quote Reply
Re: Sydney Running Spots? [That Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
staying in Waverton but will be spending a bit of time in downtown Sydney. First day I demanded we go to Watson's Bay pub. Great place. running will commence a day or so after that.
Quote Reply