Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Norseman Triathlon
Quote | Reply
For those of you who have not yet found an extreme enough long distance triathlon, go to www.nxtri.com and check out the details of the Norseman Xtreme Triathlon.
A very unique and tough event which is sure to grow in popularity.
Cheers,
Herbert
Litespeed/QR
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman Triathlon [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah right...swim with the iceberg, mountain bike chased by polar bears run all uphill in the mud...
awesome, Jonas and Bjorn will tell us how the race goes...under 80F, there is no race ! :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman Triathlon [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that many would find it an interesting race. Different, but interesting. For many it's more like a question of survival than a race, but many of those who lined up this year have allready signed up for next year, even the girl who finished last and was not alowed to finish at the top of the mountain "Gaustadtoppen".

I am no Norseman and will never be, but I'll be there. As one of the race organizers.

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mountain bike chased by Polar bears? That may be a possibility at the Iditabike in Alaska, an event I did a "long" time ago. At Norseman it is full on road riding.
Herbert
Litespeed/QR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois, I suspect that you need to be toughened up a bit! You even thought last years "Worlds Toughest" was cold when it was indeed a fine summerday.

I´m inviting you to come to Sweden any time and me and Björn will guide you through relevant topics such as: multilayered dressing, sipping slush from bikebottles, wind chill factors, re-heating delicate body parts and ice-bear hunting. Well, at least four out of five....
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman Triathlon [Jonas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
small guys in the heat, big dudes in the cold...that's all I have to say!
WTH was freezing cold...specially after leaving 40c texas...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonas, this all reminds me of why I love to train around my swedish cabbin during spring and autum. Luckily there are no bears at all that far south.

:-)Martin
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman Triathlon [kreutzer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi!

HP Norseman is a different experience. Not primarily because it is so hard, but because it is a travel through the most beatiful parts of Norway, and because you bring your people as your own crew. The experience of hitting the finish line at the top of the mountain, together with your crew, is so strong, it makes my other irondistance experiences appear grey.

Bjørn and Jonas are fantastic triathletes. But they would never beat Rune Høydahl in this specific course...

Take care!

Hårek

HÃ¥rek
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman Triathlon [stranheim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No doubt, Rune is a magnificent athlete. It would be interesting to see him aim for Powerman Zofingen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not if he gives up 25min in the swim...

BA coaching http://www.bjornandersson.se
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman Triathlon [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll probably never know :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Norseman Triathlon [tribent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next year Rune Høydahl will do 10 hours 59 (11,30 this year) after a (1,00 + ,03 + 5,38 + ,03 + 4,15). A world class triathlete would embarras himself if he tried to beat Rune...

HÃ¥rek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not think you know what you are talking about stranheim. Rune Høydal was only 50 minutes in front of Houge-Thiis, and he in not a "world class athlete" at all. He is probably not top 8 in NORWAY!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman Triathlon [Ragnar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there 8 long distance triathletes in Norway? ;-) My money would be on Bjørn though, he would beat Rune with 45 min. At least!

Quote Reply
Re: Norseman Triathlon [Ragnar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same to you my friend
next year he will beat norways (second) best triathlete with one hour
international tri media was there this year, claiming that his performance was world class

this race should be compared with no other races
I dont claim that Hoydahl would be great in any other events, but this race is another sport

the sad thing is of course that no real elite triathletes will risk their butt on challenging him

HÃ¥rek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my dream I see Bjørn in that boat out to the starting line, and hey.... Tom D is there as well, and francois and..... And Mr tibbs is airborn on his new bike and in his fantastic team kit and he is ready to rock and roll, I am over joyed and have paid his fee and are driving his crew car. Big speakers on the car stereo that constantly give him the music of his wish. Nice dream.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Bjørn and Jonas are fantastic triathletes. But they would never beat Rune Høydahl in this specific course...

Rune is a MTB rider and a damn fine one but the days are long gone when a singlesport-athlete can be beat a top triathlete at their game (Steve Larsen´s win in IM LP may be the closest to it although he was training as a triathlete then, as far as I know...)

So without getting in to a pissing contest I´d say it would be fair to say that he would be quite a ways back behind any well-preforming pro-triathlete, and in this case, especially either of me and Björn. Not many people like that weather but we LOVE the cool (cold) and rainy conditions. Only the fact that he´d be giving up 25 min on the swim speaks for itself. What do you expect him to do? Put 25 minutes and then some on Björn on the bike? Come on....

Both of us actually talked about this race and we´re both doing it one year or another. Next year it collides with ITU Worlds in Denmark so for me a no go, but for Björn.....? We´ll see.

In any case, hats of to you guys for putting on a spectacular event! Good to see triathlons growing in Norway again.
Last edited by: Jonas: Nov 17, 04 8:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one last time: I will not do an IM distance in Arctica! ;-)

I am fine with an IM in AZ starting at 9am in july, but not when it's too bloody cold!

Northmen are nuts! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting news Jonas. By the way: I think most of the readers of this forum recognice our posts as a not to subtle "bait". But I used to love fishing. And when you try to catch "midgards ormen" you go for the XXXL double whammy :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rune is Norwegian, isn't he? ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman Triathlon [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, rune is norwegian

as triathlon is not a sport in norway and as we dont have any proper triathletes, we've had to enjoy ourselfs with the glory of the swedish and danish athletes...

...so rune's race made some of us rather happy

HÃ¥rek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just for fun here is the course profile:

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply