Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best thing about today...so far... After three and a half months, I can roll on my side and if the pillows are right I can stay there and doze for a little while. Every day I wake up is a gift.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep moving forward, just keep moving forward...

~~ I am no longer broken... ~~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today: Thankful for the communication skills I was blessed with and "our" ability to talk things out. Most thankful for his occasionally tenderhearted behaviour like surprising me with an evening visit, snuggling as I pass out and letting me snore in his face while he watches the game. Also thankful for the patience of friends while I take a "sports hiatus" and work my way back to it on my own time. At the moment I cannot fathom putting what little leftover energy I have into sport (work is hectic), I'm glad they know that I'll eventually come around and are just letting me be.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [Brokeneck dave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice Dave!

Swam 2,000m today. Longest swim in about 1.5 years.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I re-state, happy birthday Angela! I don't post much on this forum but recent events have me motivated/excited to have my voice heard. So here it is. Best thing about today is being alive, able to walk and speak. Two months ago today my husband and I were in a bicycle accident, he broke his collar bone and I suffered TBI (traumatic brain injury) and broke most of the bones in my face. I don't remember the accident or anything for the five weeks after (thankfully I think), definitely scared of risk taking and feel mad at people not wearing helmets (my occupational therapist calls them 'hel-musts) wasn't able to walk, talk, swallow for the first five weeks. So, because of the head injuries and being bedbound for over two months I am really weak now. I want to get baclk 'at it' but all the doctors have said that is too risky right now and give it another month or two (HR MUST stay aerobic). YEsterday morning on the stationary trainer doing what I thought was aerobic work I had two seizures. Luckily my husband was right there to catch me, and call 911. Ss after another eight-ish hour stint in the ER/hospitsl, I went home. Yesterdays events schared the sh*t out of me, and if I didn't take my recovery seriously, realize the danger of overdoing it before ( I wanted to/thought I did but not being conscious for most of the time, the impact was dampened). So, off my soap box now. I am thankful for my loving, kind, helpful husband, my life, the ability to walk and talk.
Stay safe everyone, wear your helmets. They literally save and improve you life!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My warm-fuzzy thoughts for today: I just found out that my brother and his wife are expecting their first baby in April. I'm so happy for them! First grandchild on either side of the family, so everyone is sort of going nuts!

I love Thursdays, they are the end of my work-week and I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I've got a fun trip to Seattle planned that I can't wait for!

I'm really happy to have another race to train for. I love having focused training, and get all excited when another week's training plan gets put into Training Peaks :) Yeah, I'm that much of a dork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a fast run even though my legs are really achy.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just qualified for Boston today! :-)

previous best time in 2006: 3:59:45
today, racing at sea level, after living at altitude: 3:33:34

YES!

stoked for that, plus having GREAT family and superb friends at the race...and a bitchin' coach who helped me through it!!!
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [tridouche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GREAT job on you race yesterday and hitting a goal and dropping massive time! And jpurcell, great job on living right with a great attitude through a tough time.

When I started this thing I was in a great mood. I've since had some not great mood times (like maybe right now) and struggle with a spectrum of things. It really does help to come here and read the great things that other people are doing and the myriad of things that make us feel good in a day.

My smile today: the soup that cooked overnight in the crock pot and the wagging tails that will greet me when I get home. (The spot on the horizon: tomorrow's golf lesson that should prove VERY entertaining...)

Thanks everyone for providing a bright spot!

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today my long morning swim went suprising well after a 11+ hour training weekend. My treat of Starbucks afterwards due to the fall fall nip in the air was very good. Right now things aren't looking the brightist (at work and coming off another fight with my hubby), but I am looking forward to seeing my son tonight and going with him to get a birthday gift for his stepbrother
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [yelana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, 11 hr weekend, what'd you do?

My good part about today: had time to work on some creative writing! made plans for a fall marathon relay with a friend - we each run a half. Nice conversation with a guy in my office. And got to talk to another friend on the phone.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Oct 5, 09 15:23
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [tridouche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay YOU!! Thats an awesome time! Thats one of my favorite numbers: 333!
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [suwanne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something clicked for me a few years ago, and I am happy every day when I get up. There are so many things to do, and so many things I like to do. Couple of quotes I like lately:

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." Lou Holtz (I think)

"Someday, I won't be able to do this anymore. Today is not that day."
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [Large] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a 23 mile training run yesterday and felt fantastic. No nutrition problems, best pace ever, was on target for a huge marathon PR and even went shopping afterwards. I rewarded myself with pizza, gelato and a cupcake.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply

Prev Next