Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Metatarsal Pad / Metatarsalgia
Quote | Reply
Anyone provide pro's and con's for all the different metatarsal pads out there.

Recommendations...

Seems as though my nueroma has turned into "ball of foot" pain. Per x-ray's my second metatarsal bone is about 5mm longer then my first and about 3mm longer then my 3rd. Attempting to relieve some of the presure with two methods...

Purchased over the counter insoles which offer more arch support, buy the Dr. also recommended a metatarsal pad.

So many choice out there....
Quote Reply
Re: Metatarsal Pad / Metatarsalgia [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same thing to a T. I got tired of reapplying pads, so I bit the bullet and got orthotics with the lift built in. Are your big toes creeping over?
Quote Reply
Re: Metatarsal Pad / Metatarsalgia [imanbri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't say that I understand "Are your big toes creeping over?".

I do know that as I was increasing my mileage preparing for a marathon I ended up with a nueroma... The nueroma symptoms have been cured by a series of cortizone injections, however, now I'm left with metatarsal pain. I'm hoping it's just a temporary injury and looking for the quick and easy solution...
Quote Reply
Re: Metatarsal Pad / Metatarsalgia [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I meant was, are your big toes, while foot is at rest in the air, bent over toward your pinky toes? If so, one of the muscles in your foot has petered out. That is a big player in metatarsal pain as you have described. I thought I had a neuroma only to learn that pebble in the shoe feeling was what you described.
Quote Reply
Re: Metatarsal Pad / Metatarsalgia [imanbri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't say when my foot is at rest that I notice anything different about my toes... They seems to be fine, pointing in the right direction laying flat... It's interesting you mention "pebble in the shoe feeling" After my 3rd cortizone injection and the anti-inflamatory meds I was on the pain dimished greatly, but when presure was applied to whole foot (I was walking on the outside of my foot for about 3 weeks) it felt as though I was standing on stone. That feeling has since left in the past 10 days for I no longer can feel a bulge in the bottom of my foot. However, my foot is still a little sensitive and tight (Sometimes burning sensation.)
Quote Reply