Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HELP! where to stay at Eagleman this June (Cambridge, MD)
Quote | Reply
I did it, I just signed up for Eagleman so now I need to find a hotel. The Hyatt looks nice but the cheapest room is $350 and I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay that for a room I'll be checked out of by 5:00 AM. What other options are nice?

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! where to stay at Eagleman this June (Cambridge, MD) [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
look for hotels in easton 15-20 miles away

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: HELP! where to stay at Eagleman this June (Cambridge, MD) [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a Holiday in Express 15 miles away in Easton. Clean rooms, fairly new place and a complimentary breakfast that was served early for race day and they allowed for late check out to shower post race. It was about $95 per room two years ago. Also there are a lot of Bed & Breakfast places in Cambridge. You can search them at the Dorchester County Chamber of Commerce or by doing a search on Google.

Peace,

Rockfish
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! where to stay at Eagleman this June (Cambridge, MD) [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll second the Holiday Inn Express. Stayed there last year. Worked out well and not that far away.

Andy

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I called the Holiday Express in Easton and was told that they are not taking reservations for Eagleman Weekend until January 1st... I thought this was strange... I was also quoted $129.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is more convenient to stay in Cambridge but the local hotels fill up quickly. There are several bed and breakfasts as well though some don't handle families well (if you need that). I have stayed in Easton the last few years and this year we have booked a room at the Days Inn for $116/night.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! where to stay at Eagleman this June (Cambridge, MD) [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called on New Years Day last year right before I passed out from eating too much : )

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! where to stay at Eagleman this June (Cambridge, MD) [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I called the Holiday Express in Easton and was told that they are not taking reservations for Eagleman Weekend until January 1st... I thought this was strange... I was also quoted $129.
I have already made a reservation there and did so via Travelocity so you may want to look into that. I have stayed at both Holiday Inn and Days Inn (about 2 miles closer to race) and both work well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year I stayed at the Atlantic Budget Inn (410-822-2200), about 15-20 minutes away from the start. It's cheap, has a bed and a decent shower. If you are not looking for anything fancy, check it out, worth it. There is a couple of convient stores around the area, a big supermarket, various restaurants and a dunkin donuts close by.

----------

“You can't coach desire.” --Dathan Ritzenhein
http://xtreme4.com/ -- an extreme ride for extreme change: go green
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of any good campgrounds near Cambridge?
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! where to stay at Eagleman this June (Cambridge, MD) [Harkin Banks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can camp right at the local high school. I did that two years ago. Had free use of the showers and bathrooms. It was great. I even went back there after the race and got cleaned up before my drive home. I think you can register for a camp spot through the website. Although, I've never seen anyone there checking to see if you paid or not. You could probably just show up and be fine. The high school is about a 5 minute drive from the start.

Andy

Quote Reply