Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does this map look familiar?
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Does this map look familiar? [rb5980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, but I don't get where you are going with this.
Quote Reply
Re: Does this map look familiar? [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's trying, in a lame way, to equate Bush "red state-ism" with the evils of slavery. That's the hyperventilatory response of the left these last few days to the election results.

Rather than engage in thoughtful dialogue and an examination of the possible, just possible, need for compromise on BOTH sides, the left will probably go off on an orgy of recrimination and labeling of anyone who doesn't hew to the leftist orthodoxy as nothing more than wannabe slaveholders and ignorant rednecks (of which I am neither).

They can't accept that many, many intelligent people exist that don't automatically succumb to the leftist worldview. Such a shame.

K
Quote Reply
Re: Does this map look familiar? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
He's trying, in a lame way, to equate Bush "red state-ism" with the evils of slavery. That's the hyperventilatory response of the left these last few days to the election results.

Rather than engage in thoughtful dialogue and an examination of the possible, just possible, need for compromise on BOTH sides, the left will probably go off on an orgy of recrimination and labeling of anyone who doesn't hew to the leftist orthodoxy as nothing more than wannabe slaveholders and ignorant rednecks (of which I am neither).

They can't accept that many, many intelligent people exist that don't automatically succumb to the leftist worldview. Such a shame.

K
Ironic though when this map was relevant I believe the slave states vote for the Southern Democratic Ticket
Quote Reply
Re: Does this map look familiar? [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you're right!

Zell Miller was on that ticket also if my memory serves me correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: Does this map look familiar? [YabYum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think you're right!

Zell Miller was on that ticket also if my memory serves me correctly.

If I could vote there's a Democrat I might vote for. :-)

With lines about Kerry like this "You can't make a chicken swim, and you can't make John Kerry anything but an out-of-touch ultraliberal from Taxachussetts."

I still have hope for the Democrat party.
Quote Reply
Re: Does this map look familiar? [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't get your hopes up too high, the only reason he is a Democrat is so he can get his name in the paper.

Do you think the GOP would put his crazy ass behind the podium at the GOP convention if he were just your run of the mill angry republican?

Trust me, you have no hope in the Democratic party.

;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Does this map look familiar? [YabYum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Don't get your hopes up too high, the only reason he is a Democrat is so he can get his name in the paper.

Do you think the GOP would put his crazy ass behind the podium at the GOP convention if he were just your run of the mill angry republican?

Trust me, you have no hope in the Democratic party.

;-)

Yea, but what I like is a Democrat can get away with saying crazy crap like that and get away with. A Republican would have to go on BET and apologize. :-)
Quote Reply
Does this guy look familiar? [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Does this map look familiar? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just pointing out the cultural divide hasn't gone away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just pointing out the cultural divide hasn't gone away.
No, actually pointing out how the times have changed! Maybe Neil Young was full of shit after all. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have lost it. So damn sad.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Does this map look familiar? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How, exactly, have I lost it, wise Mr. Tibbs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slavery?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Does this map look familiar? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I mention slavery? Noooo..... You ASSumed I was saying the south is full of racists.

But now that you mention it, there are an awful lot of racists down here.

There's obviously something culturally weird between the north & the south.
Quote Reply