Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Day 1 IMFL report
Quote | Reply
I arrived in PC Beach late last night after a 405 mile drive after work. The plan was to go out early in the morning to go out for a swim, but there were red flags all along the beach. I decided not to swim since someone already drowned earlier this week. I went for a walk along the beach instead and encountered a few IMFL participants doing serious running workouts on the beach. Yikes. After a nice breakfast I went with my friends Martin (first time IM participant) and Janelle (IM AZ participant) and their little baby Jill to pick up the race packages. There was a moderatley sized line and one of the first people I bumped into was Bjorn Anderson who had nicely lined up with all the age groupers. He is a supernice guy and after a brief chat I went to the back of the line and waited for my turn. Martin and I played "Guess where this person is from" while we stood in line, and that was amusing, registration itself was pretty uneventful. I also saw ST Pro poster Francois hanging around there, but he was involved in a conversation so I decided to not interrupt. He is a very cool guy though.
In the afternoon after a brief ride on my race bike i relaxed in the condo (Sterling Beach is very new and awesome) and at 5:30pm we headed over to the carbo dinner. I didn't hang out too long there, but I got to meet ST poster Monk (formerly known as Bad Monk) and his girl friend. They both seem to be very nice and I had a great chat with Monk himself. Since both of them are racing too, I am sure that we'll see eachother again throughout the weekend.
I turned in early tonight though because I want to be rested for Saturday. Hopefully I get to swim tomorrow, and hopefully that wind out on the road will calm down a bit by Saturday, otherwise it'll be a long day on the bike for some.
More tomorrow.
Herbert
Litespeed/QR
Quote Reply
Re: Day 1 IMFL report [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This AM I dreampt that the horn went off for the swim start, and I was still in the transition area unloading my stuff. It really woke me up fast! And I'm not even doing this race. My mind is there with you guys, though. Have a good race!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be careful in the swim. Everyone.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Lessing racing? He is not in any of the press releases.

Have a great race!

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: Day 1 IMFL report [Ed in IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's normally like that, guys that end up in the podium in IMNA races aren't mentioned in the pre-race press-release.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Day 1 IMFL report [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
it's normally like that, guys that end up in the podium in IMNA races aren't mentioned in the pre-race press-release.

I would suspect that IMNA would want everyone to know that Simon is racing to bring more attention to the race and ultimately make their sponsors more happy. Unless he asked that his entry would be low profile. Do athletes have that power?

So how is the weather in Portugal these days? Its getting cold and dark here in Chicago area, time to train indoors, ugh!

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weather here is really bad today, partly cloudly and 18C...

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ShawnF of Asics mentioned here a few days ago that Lessing was back home in Colorado and that the injury was healed yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, they announced at the Carbo last night Lessing is NOT racing.

Support Crew

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply