Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

who hates chlorine?
Quote | Reply
i fucking hate it!!!!!!!! i got a red nose, it is forever itchy and my face is fr4eaking uitchy all from fucking chlorine. fuck!
Quote Reply
Re: who hates chlorine? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude, you just have to tell people that when they smell you when you sweat....that it is your new cologne: Ode to Chlorine

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take it out of the water. Let's have e coli and disentery.
Quote Reply
Re: who hates chlorine? [yobbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually the pool I just joined has ozonated (rather than chlorinated) water: doesn't smell nearly as much and tastes much better :)
Quote Reply
Re: who hates chlorine? [Marco in BC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which pool is that?

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: who hates chlorine? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's the ywca pool downtown (a block away from where I work), if it was 50m instead of 25m it'd be perfect but hey, that's good enough for me (they even have free pb, kickboards, fins and hand paddles)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yea, this summer I had to swim in chlorine when my regular pool was closed, it was misery coming from a really high end pool to a bathtub filled with dirt and chlorine. I do love the ozonated water, you can swim and then go out to dinner and no one is the wiser.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a classy place that uses ozone instead of chlorine and gives you free peanut butter as an energy food for workouts.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not me. I used to be a swimmer and then took 18 years off before this, my first tri season. Smelling the chlorine before I even get to the locker room makes me feel like I've come home.
Quote Reply
Re: who hates chlorine? [CTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These days when I come back from the pool, my husband jokes about the chlorine perfume, and how it makes me smell like I did when we were first dating. Ah nostalgia!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds pretty sweet. I'm working in Richmond now, so Watermania is my closest option. No free peanut butter there. :(

I've heard good things about the Y though...

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Last edited by: Khai: Nov 5, 04 7:14
Quote Reply
Re: who hates chlorine? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
didn't know they gave out free PB at the ywca :) they do have a very nice cardio room, nice gym and lots of free classes (I might do pilates in a few months, or maybe yoga)

I swam all last year in the aquatic centre on Beach, very very nice 50m pool and tons of fast folks but it takes 15 mins to get there from work as opposed to 2 to the ywca so the choice was easy (and with the workouts getting longer for IMC next year it makes the logistics that much better).

The aquatic centre is chlorinated but not *that* much (probably b/c it's used mostly only by swimmers), my neighbourhood pool OTOH is probably 50% chlorine or something, given that they have tons of kids swimming in it all the time (don't even want to think about the quality of that water too much, ahem) which is why I try to avoid it as much as possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I tend to swim out of the Acquatic Center or Watermania - depending on the time and who I'm going with. In the summer I swim almost exclusively out of Kits' Pool. I must have been going at different times than you tough, as I for one cannot vouch for the AC being a place populated with fast swimmers. About half the time I find myself in the fast lane there (if not leading it outright), which is just wrong. Maybe all the "real" swimmers have pre-agreed on times to meet, so I just swim with the regular schmoes who have no idea what those little sandwich boards at the end of each lane are for. ;)

I tried to swim at Killarney once, but between the 85% Cl solution and all the kids throwing balls and foam noodles into the lanes, it just didn't work.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IF you want to get ride of the CL smell, rub poop all over your self after your swim - no one will ever know you were in the pool.

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swim there every tues/thurs morning. I enjoy that it's not too chlorinated but also wish it was 50 m. I also really wish there were more lanes open or they stuffed the water aerobics into a smaller area - there can be a very high proportion of slowish swimmers in all the lanes in the morning.