Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

intersting election fact
Quote | Reply
at least to me!

Bush won 14 states by 60% or more of the popular vote - kerry only 3 states

Bush won 9 states with 55 to 59% of the popular vote - kerry only 5 states

Bush won 6 maybe 8 with 50 to 54% of the popular vote - kerry had 12

seems where they like W they like him a bunch but where the like Kerry it is not quite as committed. Just an observation I was making when looking at the returns by states percentages.
Quote Reply
Re: intersting election fact [NCCB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sen Kerry also won a lot less states than the Pres. The states he won had larger populations, New York, California, Michigan, and those populations will of course have a more even mix of politics than say, Wyoming.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also noted with interest, but not surprise, that the majority of people over $50,000 per year income voted for bush, the majority under voted for Kerry.

That was according to an exit poll posted on CNN yesterday evening. That speaks volumes to me.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: intersting election fact [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the majority of people over $50,000 per year income voted for bush, the majority under voted for Kerry.
That speaks volumes to me

What does it say to you?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaks volumes. Apparently the under $50K people were excited by Kerry's promise to loot the rich on their behalf. Didn't he say something about bringing America together?

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More factoids Bush:

Became the first President to be re-elected while gaining seats in the House and Senate since 1936 and the first Republican President since 1924 to be re-elected while re-electing Republican House and Senate majorities.

Became the first President to win a majority of the popular vote since 1988.

Received 57.4 million votes - more than any other candidate in history. He broke President Reagan's 1984 mark of 54.5 million. (96% reporting)

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: intersting election fact [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fact that Bush got more votes than anyone in history is the scary as hell. I'm sticking to my conspiracy theory that the electronic voting machines were rigged.
Quote Reply
Re: intersting election fact [TTTorso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fact that Pres Bush got more votes than anyone in history is just about as amazing as saying that the new Britney Spears album sold more than the Beatles. There's a lot more people in the U.S. than there were when Reagan was elected.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: intersting election fact [TTTorso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fact that Bush got more votes than anyone in history is the scary as hell. I'm sticking to my conspiracy theory that the electronic voting machines were rigged.

Yeah, but that whole "he got more votes than anybody in history thing ignores the fact that he got more votes because there are more people, population-wise, than there were back in 1984 etc.

I'd look more at his percentage, relative to eligible registered voter population and see if that matched up with Ray-Gun et al.

"I Love Z Tests And Chi Squares" Kahuna
Quote Reply
Re: intersting election fact [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It says if I want to make more money I better vote for Bush.

If I want to be destitute and rely on government handouts Kerry is my man.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"It says if I want to make more money I better vote for Bush.

If I want to be destitute and rely on government handouts Kerry is my man."

It says that if you vote for Bush, you probably already make more money. It doesn't say anything about what will happen if you do vote for Bush.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: intersting election fact [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"It says if I want to make more money I better vote for Bush.

If I want to be destitute and rely on government handouts Kerry is my man."

It says that if you vote for Bush, you probably already make more money. It doesn't say anything about what will happen if you do vote for Bush.
It tells me that the Dems have a vested interest in keeping you poor and the GOP have a vested interest having you make more money.
Last edited by: Trevor S: Nov 3, 04 18:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The most amazing data I've seen so far is the Red vs Blue map posted on www.hannity.com. Its a breakdown of each county in the US. It shows the counties Bush and Kerry won instead of the overall states each of them won. It is 96% percent red (in favor of Bush). This country is overwhelmingly a values, morals, and conservative based country. The election and that map show it.
Quote Reply
Re: intersting election fact [scox43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"This country is overwhelmingly a values, morals, and conservative based country. The election and that map show it. "

The map shows that the vast majority of the country is Republican if you're only looking at acreage. You'll notice the counties with a lot of people in them are blue. The country is about 51% conservative. The other portion has values and morals too, but they're more liberal. Don't take a basic set of facts and come to a conclusion that they don't support.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: intersting election fact [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not my words or conclusion, dude. This is what Gerraldine Ferroro said. BTW, She's a prominent Democrat.

Give it up dude. As Arnold said, "you guys are losers.."

5 Million more people voted for Bush in the 2004 election than did for Reagan when he won the Presidency. A lot of people like George W. Now get over it. The US is know as a Conservative nation for at least the next four years and you are part of it.
Quote Reply
Re: intersting election fact [scox43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what you mean by anything in your post.

I'm not a liberal. I'm a military officer. Several million more people also voted for Sen Kerry than did for Reagan when he won. That number doesn't mean anything except there are more people in the U.S. You need to be able to look at numbers and find cause and effect, not just pull conclusions off whatever conservative website you're reading. Use your brain a little. As far as you telling me to give it up and get over it, I not only don't know what you want me to get over or give up, but I also don't need your suggestions. Thanks anyways.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It says if I want to make more money I better vote for Bush.

If I want to be destitute and rely on government handouts Kerry is my man.

No, it says that people making more than 50K voted for Bush.

George "I didn't veto a single bill my first term" Bush will end up bleeding you dry in the near future.

Check out our current account deficit.
Quote Reply