There is a Triathlon Clinic at the Pickering Rec Centre, starting this Sunday. The schedule is as follows (from posted flyer)
1. Sunday May 4th 10am to noon: "From Beginner to Finisher" Introduction to Triathlon, training plans, equipment, clothing, training principles, injury prevention and Q&A
2. Monday May 12 8-9:30pm "The Swim" learn training methods and techniques. Bring your suit, we will be getting in the pool!
3. Tuesday May 20th 7-8:30pm "The Bike" Learn training methods and techniques, equipment
4. Monday May 26th 7-8:30pm "The Run" Learn training methods and techniques
5. Tuesday June 3rd 7-8:30pm "The Race" Preparing to race, what to expect on race day, transitions.
All clinics will be held at the Pickering Recreation Complex. Fee is $30 for all 5 clinics for health club members and swim members, $35 for non-members. Or pick and choose for $6.50 per clinic. Pre-registration is recommended. Call 905-683-6582 and ask for Karen or Nancy for more information.
I believe that one of the Canadian coaches may be providing the clinic. That was the rumour and I have not verified that yet. I am going to attend, for $30 what the hell. If you are in the Toronto area, or know someone who is and is a newbie, I think that this might be a worthwhile clinic. At any rate, hopefully I (we) will meet more Triathletes or wannabe triathletes around Toronto.