Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Virtual Time Trial Series Underway!!
Quote | Reply
Performance Central!
The only website dedicated to sharing Computrainer performance files!
www.performancecentral.net

2004-2005 VIRTUAL TIME TRIAL SERIES UNDERWAY!

The series is just beginning and the course for Stage 1, Wes Mixitup, has already been downloaded over 200 times! Join us! The virtual time trial series consists of five stages and includes a general classification for the lowest overall time. To participate, all you need to do is ride the designated course for the month and upload it to Performance Central. All rider performances will be tallied and results will be displayed including overall results, results by peer group, overall general classification and general classification by peer group.

See details at http://www.performancecentral.net/2004-2005_TT_series.htm.

Interval Design Studio
YouTube | SoundCloud
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Time Trial Series Underway!! [fstrnu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you download the course for PC1? If a click on it, I get a screen showing a column of numbers, then what? Does anyone know?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you ride the course early in the month and upload it, then later on in the month ride it faster and upload the faster result, will it cancel out the previous one? Or should we wait until the end of the month and just upload our best result?

Thanks for putting this together.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Time Trial Series Underway!! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How do you download the course for PC1? If a click on it, I get a screen showing a column of numbers, then what? Does anyone know?
Right-click the course and download it to your courses directory. Then load it via CT SW. Thanks.

Interval Design Studio
YouTube | SoundCloud
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Time Trial Series Underway!! [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
if you ride the course early in the month and upload it, then later on in the month ride it faster and upload the faster result, will it cancel out the previous one? Or should we wait until the end of the month and just upload our best result?

Thanks for putting this together.
Please wait until the end of the month and upload your best result. Thanks.

Interval Design Studio
YouTube | SoundCloud
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried to join the site...never got a confirmation e-mail. should i try again?

Thanks,

Kurt

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry, but I am clueless about this. Can you please repeat that a little slower with all the details spelled out so even a dummie can understand. Thank you.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Time Trial Series Underway!! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm sorry, but I am clueless about this. Can you please repeat that a little slower with all the details spelled out so even a dummie can understand. Thank you.
What I think you are doing is selecting Open instead of Save when you select the course on the web page. If you select Open for a PC1 course, your computer will open the course with a text editor which is what you are seeing. Instead, what you want to do is select Save and save the file to your computer wherever your other PC1 courses are located (don't know where the PC1 default directory is, but you could find out easily by search for *.crs or you could ask Computrainer). Then, the course will be listed as an available course inside the PC1 software. Hope this helps...

Interval Design Studio
YouTube | SoundCloud
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Time Trial Series Underway!! [trukweaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kurt, I think we have resolved this. Let me know if you need additional help. Thx.

Interval Design Studio
YouTube | SoundCloud
Last edited by: fstrnu: Nov 8, 04 10:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nope...got it thanks!

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should a person use their road bike or tri bike for something like this? Since aerodynamics won't help you does this mean that you ride the same on either bike? I'm making the assumption that you are correctly fit on both bikes and that your tri position is simply your road position rotated forward.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
       It worked. I was able to save it into C:\Program Files\ Challenge PC1. Now if I can bet my knee straightened out I'll be in business.

thank you, Jim SWeeney

Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Time Trial Series Underway!! [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,
I would use whichever bike you're most comfortable with doing a TT-style effort. It won't matter a whit to the results -which is based on generated power and your weight (+the standard 20lbs as prescribed).

Personally, I'm a little more comfortable on my road bike on the hoods ...

rmur
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Time Trial Series Underway!! [rmur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Tom,
I would use whichever bike you're most comfortable with doing a TT-style effort. It won't matter a whit to the results -which is based on generated power and your weight (+the standard 20lbs as prescribed).

Personally, I'm a little more comfortable on my road bike on the hoods ...

rmur
I agree with rmur. Unless you want to train in the TT position, I would use whatever is most comfortable. You might also consider what bike you would prefer to use for a given terrain in real life. Many riders prefer a racing bike when climbing is significant, like for The Hill..

Interval Design Studio
YouTube | SoundCloud
Last edited by: fstrnu: Nov 9, 04 13:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone done this? How do you upload your performance to the website? Do you need CT's Coaching Software?
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Time Trial Series Underway!! [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told you do not need the coaching software and to upload the .3dp file.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.performancecentral.net/2004-2005_TT_series.htm

once you're registered - you can use the 'Share A Performance' link to upload your file.

You upload just your best saved .3dp file for the course this month.

There's no need whatsoever for the Coaching software.....

rmur
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else had problems registering with this site (Performance Central)? I tried a couple of times last week but I never receive my confirmation email with my password. I thought maybe my spam filter caught it, but I checked the spam files and nothing there either. I just tried it with another email address, so hopefully will get something this time.

http://timeoutdoors.blogspot.com/
Photo Blog - App Trail Thru Hike March - Sept 2009

Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Time Trial Series Underway!! [volleycs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Has anyone else had problems registering with this site (Performance Central)? I tried a couple of times last week but I never receive my confirmation email with my password. I thought maybe my spam filter caught it, but I checked the spam files and nothing there either. I just tried it with another email address, so hopefully will get something this time.
I check just about every day for unactivated accounts and manually activate any that are unactivated for more than a day or two. I will check tonight and manually activate yours and any others that have not activated their accounts. Thanks for your patience and feel free to e-mail me directly with any issues or questions.

Interval Design Studio
YouTube | SoundCloud
Quote Reply
Re: Virtual Time Trial Series Underway!! [rmur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You upload just your best saved .3dp file for the course this month."

How do I save my .3dp file? I haven't ever saved a CT ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
okay -

1. Just after you've finished the course (and be very careful not to restart it!!!), return to the Build/Load screen.

2. Select Save under the popup-menu (sorry I can't remember the icons precisely), and take the option to save Performance.

3. It should point you at the 'Performances Files' folder with the typical Win dialog box to name your file. Just give it an unique name (I use a shortened name for the course and the date) and save it.

4. Alternatively (as a backup measure) you can go directly to the Performance Files folder, copy and paste Lastperf.3dp and rename the copy in Windows. Lastperf.3dp is saved automatically when you finish a course but is erased when you start another - so be aware!

Sorry I can't be more precise with the instructions. I'm sure it's in the darned manual as well - how about that?

rmur
Quote Reply