Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Calories don't matter. [Curmudgeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wasn't trying to personally attack you. But when you make statements like:

"That is exactly the type of myth I'm trying to make people see is total malarky. If you exercise your body throws away any excess stuff it doesn't need. Regardless of whether you eat 10K more calories than you need every day of your life you'll not gain any weight. "

and

"You go out and run, fast as you can three times a week for 5 miles, and you can eat as much as you desire. Something about the shaking up of your body, as is done by running fast, tells your body to flush the excess food. So the calories never get absorbed. Further more it tells your body to get rid of the fat if you have any."

and

"Instead they eat until they are happy. Their body passes the excess on through and grabs what it needs. Simple as that. This ludicrous idea of counting calories is a fad that should be laughed off forums where athletes reside. Leave calorie counting to people who can't exercise or nutritionists dealing with the general public. "

and

"Hence all the fat people who are fast yet ride their bikes all day."

...to a forum where a lot of scientifically-minded people hang out, you are going to called on it. If you can provide any evidence to back your statements up, I invite you to do so. Note that the presence of corn in feces does not in anyway support the idea that runners (but not cyclists) can workout hard 3x per week and the body will automatically absorb only the calories "needed". If you cannot cite any evidence, I would ask that you 1) do not tell me to use "common sense" - I have plenty thank you, and 2) consider the possibility that your theory is incorrect.

Prev Next