Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best triathlete that has tried but never won in Hawaii?
Quote | Reply
Male - In my opinion it would have to be either Lothar Leder, Pauli Kiuru or Jurgen Zack. I'll pick Jurgen Zack for his consistency and proven lightening speed in Europe.

Female - undecided

Who do you think?

Quote | Reply
Lessing!
Quote Reply
Re: Best triathlete that has tried but never won in Hawaii? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lisa Bentley

Her day will come.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Best triathlete that has tried but never won in Hawaii? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Pigg

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe Macca...

Shawn - ASICS America

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for men, doesn't jurgen also have the second fastest IM distance time (behind LVL)? i'll take him with honorable mention to pauli kiuru, wolfgang dittrich, mike pigg, and ken glah.

for women i think you have to take karen smyers. honorable mention to fernanda keller, wendy ingraham, and lisa bentley
Last edited by: RSum716: Oct 30, 04 17:07
Quote Reply
Re: Best triathlete that has tried but never won in Hawaii? [RSum716] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karen Smyers? I guess her 1995 win in Kona doesn't count?

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Best triathlete that has tried but never won in Hawaii? [je] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oops missed that one. my bad. fernanda then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No brainer IMO - Simon Lessing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gotta add christian bustos to that list too-

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Re: Best triathlete that has tried but never won in Hawaii? [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cameron brown...16 podiums out of 19 starts.
Quote Reply
Re: Best triathlete that has tried but never won in Hawaii? [Haim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul Huddle -- he won in Japan but never won in Kona - at least he has a few wins in the underpants run on the big island!
Quote Reply
Re: Best triathlete that has tried but never won in Hawaii? [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiuru, glah, widoff, Oliver bernard.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Best triathlete that has tried but never won in Hawaii? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"No brainer IMO - Simon Lessing. "
I'll also have to mention Zack and Fernanda Keller, but they're both beyond it now. My money is on Lessing for next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for Kenny Glah, 21 years, and a bunch of top 10s, and a handful of top 5's, one second place (to the Terminator I think).

-Erik

"I don't half-ass anything. For me its either whole-ass or nothing." -elake
Quote Reply
Re: Best triathlete that has tried but never won in Hawaii? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are counting all IM worldwide aren't you...Cam is a bit young to be at 19th attempt in kona :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wolfgang D. may not have been the best athlete or triathlete, but I always wanted him to win in Kona
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca - just because he won the first tri I ever did and he has a great way about him. He has had a great performance record at shorter distances and I do think he will master Kona. Do you know the first thing he said to me after I went up to him to tell him great race. "Cheers mate, how did you go?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris McCormack. Simon Lessing has only had one shot at it. I don't know why Macca can't perform at Kona, but he has done nearly everything else, inlcuding a sub 8hr at Roth.

Macca and Lessing are definately the most versatile of the current pros.

However, Lessing will prbably turn out to be the greatest triathlete of all time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cam Brown. Always the bridesmaid...

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply