Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

is this bad?
Quote | Reply
ok, so I don't really feel like going in the basement and riding the trainer for an hour.

how about I skip today (bad?), and ride Sunday outside and then run 5 miles after.

is it bad to swap like this?

(perhaps I feel guilty just thinking about ditching today, and want all of you to tell me it's ok. damn the guilt!)

kitty
Quote Reply
Re: is this bad? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is healthy to allow flexibility in your schedule. That being said, Sunday really depends on what you have planned for Saturday. If Saturday is a long or hard day on your legs, I would do another hard leg day on Sunday.

EDIT: If you have a hard leg day planned for tomorrow you shouldn't be doing a hard leg day today either.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Last edited by: Hid: Oct 29, 04 11:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would say "cut the crap and get on that trainer" BUT... I know sometimes we just aren't with the mood it takes... Skipping one day isn't much of a deal but you should ask your coach (if you have one) what to do instead (in another day).

Anyway, sometimes I feel like crap and also find hard to go on the trainer (it's so boring...). I found a solution for me though. I seat in front of the PC and see some of my last tri's results... somehow, after that, I always find motivation to do the workout :-)

Here is THE quote to help you today:

"no matter how hard it takes today, my body will thank me later..."

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Last edited by: Klep: Oct 29, 04 11:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO. You da man, kittycat. Get on the trainer. Work it baby. Get mad. Spin those pedals. Make those quads burn. You look great in those new jeans. Don't you live passing guys on your bike?

GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO.

Does that help at all?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's only October... if you don't want to ride the trainer now, don't force it. Unless you have a race coming up (IMF?) Only in that case would I tell you to grab your boom-box, crank up some Van Halen, suck it up & ride.

If you're in your off-season like me, I'd be more flexible. If you don't want to ride the trainer now, imagine how much worse it will be in the chilly darkness of February if you've been forcing yourself into the basement for three months already. Take a break from it and you'll eventually WANT to go down & grind out the miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you should get on the trainer for about 10 minutes...if you're saying "oh, this isn't so bad, I'll just keep going", then go, but if you want to shoot yourself then get off with no regrets. My track coach in HS always said just get out there for 10 minutes...if you still find yourself not into it after that long then you just weren't meant to go for a run that day (granted this should happen very rarely...)
Quote Reply
Re: is this bad? [BadMonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dammit. I should have read that before eating lunch. now I'm too full...it was the jeans thing. that always gets me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have spinerval DVD's, Computrainer or just pedal along with Richard Simmons videos?
Quote Reply
Re: is this bad? [BadMonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
richard simmons? can't watch him, the hairy chest and glitzy tank top make my eyes burn.

no tv, just music and lots of car parts to look at.
Quote Reply