Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bizarre story from Germany
Quote | Reply
On a German triathlon website tri2b.com is a bizarre story about the Langener Waldsee, where the swim at IM Germany takes place. Apparently a body has been discovered there a few days ago, wearing what the police "apparently" describes as triathlon specific gear, such as goggles, swim suit and a "special swimming suit." (wetsuit?)
According to the police no foul play seems to have played a role, and according to IM Germany officials all participants which started the IM Germany race were accounted for. But apparently a handful of people picked up their race packets but never started the race or dropped of their gear. Since the swimsuit seemed to have had hungarian labels, and also a set of keys with hungarian writing was apparently found, the tri2b website's investigative conclusion is that it may be Dr. Vincze Sándor, a 45 year old triathlete of the MAFC Triatlon Budapest club. He is apparently among the handful of people who picked up the package but never checked in. He had raced in Germany the year prior where he had an excellent 55min swim, but quit after the bike.
As I said, it apparently is an accident, but still a bit bizarre and sad. :-(

Herbert
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarre story from Germany [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heart attack during pre-race day swim?
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarre story from Germany [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am confused. Wasn't Ironman Germany in July? Are they just now finding him? Didn't someone notice he was missing? Where is his bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarre story from Germany [BadMonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is as puzzling to me as it is to you.
Herbert
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarre story from Germany [BadMonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HMMMM a dead body takes 3 days to come up and start floating like a buoy, if he had a wetsuit it would take even less...that is strange.

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply