Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

flatwing or minoura (or what?)
Quote | Reply
I need to mount (no jokes inserted here) a saddle hydration system as my frame only has one bottle cage. In the past I have used the minoura system, which is cheap and ok, but I end up using a pile of electrical tape when I put the spare and CO2 etc. on the back. Is either better? Or is there a third option, apart from the profile thingy which just won't cut it.
Last edited by: d.w.weston: Oct 28, 04 18:33
Quote Reply
Re: flatwing or minoura (or what?) [d.w.weston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race or training?

If race...I'd electrical tape the spare and Co2 to the seat post and use the Minoura you have.

Or...you can buy my Saddlewing I'll be putting on ebay in the next week.

How much hydration do you need? Minoura has a new single unit that tucks neatly behind the seat.

Round Seat tube? If so.....here's my recommendation.

http://www.trisports.com/velsptseatpo.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Minoura. I use one bottle and put a folded tubular in a cut off water bottle in the second bottle cage. With an aero bottle up front and a cage on the frame I have all the drinks I need.

Aloha,

Larry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the saddlewing...didn't like it because I could feel it on my ass the whole ride. The flatwing takes a little getting used to because you have to reach back a bit further for the water bottle holders, but I like it a lot more than the saddlewing for the reason above. It's also nice not having to tape up your spare and co2 before races....which I had to do before I got this system. However, make sure your c02 cartidges are snug before you ride/race. I've had them fall off on training rides because they rattled loose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm a fan of the minoura holders. not to bad to reach behind and haven't launched a bottle yet (knock on wood).

i like larry's idea with putting tubie and co2 inside an empty bottle. you can probably reinforce that with a rubber band to hold it down for additional launch prevention.
Quote Reply
Re: flatwing or minoura (or what?) [RSum716] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i'm a fan of the minoura holders. not to bad to reach behind and haven't launched a bottle yet (knock on wood).

i like larry's idea with putting tubie and co2 inside an empty bottle. you can probably reinforce that with a rubber band to hold it down for additional launch prevention.

Yes, I have a velcro strap around it.

Aloha,

Larry
Quote Reply