Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

More Easy Bike Questions You Can Answer?
Quote | Reply
I have an innate paranoia of riding and pushing down on carbon, anything. I had some carbon handlebars break last year on me. Went back to Aluminum and use a Profile Design Lava OS.

Be that as it may....

1. Is it currently advisable to put a clip on aero bar or slam bar with a carbon stem being used. My Easton EA 70 stem is 130mm. I'm debating about getting a carbon stem, but afraid the tolerance from a clip on aero bar would break a carbon stem.

2. Same question for pedals. Are carbon pedals reliable, such as the Look CX6 one, whether the cro moly spindle or titanium.

3. Shoe question. What's the best bike shoe to buy, which you can keep on the pedals and quickly get out of T-1 on, WHILE, at the same time, it could be a shoe, not so loosy, goosey, strappy, you could take for long bike rides with roadies.
Quote Reply
Re: More Easy Bike Questions You Can Answer? [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as #3 goes, i just got some Shimano TR-02's. Good stuff.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd fear a carbon stem with aerobars. I have pushed hard enough that I fractured a carbon Kestrel fork blade in half! Yep, went right over the handle bars and the first thing to hit was my custom painted Sub6 helmet. As far as the Look CX6 and LG Tri shoes, thats all I ride. No problems, I love'em both.

BTW - I was steered away from the Titanium axle CX6's as its too light and may fail (I'm 6-3 and weigh 165). So I went with the Cro-mo. I thought about all the Tri Zoto ti seat rails (3 of them) I've broken and decided not to buy the ti axels.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me get this straight. You had carbon handlebars break on you and you're paranoid about pushing down on carbon, and now you're contemplating buying a carbon stem and pedals? Seems a bit odd to me, but I'm sure bicycle marketing depts. around the world cheer your rationale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have tow pairs fo the Look CX-6 carbons and really like them. Good platform / weight ratio.

Regarding #3 - Rocket 7 or Sidi T1 Carbon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In response to the shoe issue

I'm partial to Sidi shoes, I like the Dynamic for everyday road riding, normally about $110, the straps open outward on those so they won't get caught in your chain if you leave them on the bike. The only problem with them is that I have to wear socks with them. The T-1 is the standard for me, the only time I don't use them is when it's too cold to go sockless.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'm debating about getting a carbon stem, but afraid the tolerance from a clip on aero bar would break a carbon stem. "

Not sure what this means. Are you wondering if the added weight of aero bars, or more specifically, the added weight of a person on the aero bars, would break a carbon stem? No.
Quote Reply