Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: P3: Just don't get it [Big EE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm staying with my oooooooooold P2. Still the best fitting, best riding, best looking bike I've owned. The P2K is nice, but the original is nicer. Funny, people compliment it all the time and ask if it's the new Cervelo model.

Quote Reply
Re: P3: Just don't get it [Spin Dancer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're kidding, right? You are implying that aero is more important than fit??? Fit is almost *everything* (short of the engine itself). A poor fit could easily cost you 10% of your power. The most aero setup (equipment, not position) probably accounts for 1% or 2%. Heck, even the most aero position, vs a standard position on the hoods only makes up what, 20%? Think of the massive difference in frontal area in that, compared to the diff between the most extreme aero equipment vs. normal road equipment. Eeeeeeeeeewwww, internal cables! Yeah, that'll make a big diff. :-)

Also curious about why the P2K is preferred by some. I dig the P2K, figured that's what I'd get for a dedicated TT bike, should I settle on Cervelo...

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: P3: Just don't get it [MojojojoMasterG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree - I didn't think the P3 SL was any sexier or performance-minded than the standard P3. Both breat bieks though.

The carbon P3, however, makes me feel all tingly.

Hey Mojo,

I may have gotten you kicked off on this thread since I was asking for input spec'ing a P3 SL.

I wonder if maybe I misled you and sent you in the wrong direction. I agree that the +or- 50 gramsis not worth drooling over. I simply like bikes. I have typically gotten a new bike every 4 years just b/c that's what I want to do. I also like changing....call me weird, but to me that is fun.

Over the years I have had several Italian bikes, a Softride, Felt, Litespeed, Cannondale, and maybe a couple of others (I have been doing Tri's for 24 years!). I have now had my original P3 4 1/2 years and am "due." For the first time I have no interest in changing, so when the P3 SL came out I got motivated for a new bike, and so it goes.

My only real dilemma is if I should wait for the P3 Carbon......I can't wait for the P4!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Oct 28, 04 11:52
Quote Reply
Re: P3: Just don't get it [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There has been much slobbering over the P3SL before your posts...

Get the SL now, and when the carbon coes around in a year or two, donate the old bike to TSR...

[reply]

I didn't see your note. We now use the Qurb spam filter. E-mail senders have to be approved senders or the message goes into a junk box.

I'll look for it.[/reply]

Hey Tom...

Is the above statement for the shop's email address? If so I sent an inquiry yesterday regarding a P2K frame. Let me know if I should leave my email address or re-send the message. Thanks.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: P3: Just don't get it [Matt_Z] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to drift WAY off topic, but while I/we have Tom's attn:

Tom - The message I sent ya was a PM (or whatever this site calls them - see below) - would your anti-spam stuff filter that out as well???? That seems odd...

And, as an aside, I wonder how many potential customers/sales you may be losing, as they e-mail you at the address on your site, only to be dumped into the trash bin, along w/ the penis-enlargement ads, etc. ; )

If you are not going to read/accept e-mails from the general public, you probably shouldn't post an e-mail address then, since there will be that many more people who will take your lack of a response as a lack of interest in their business, and take it elsewhere.... just my $0.02

I simply wanted to know if there is a shopping function on your website, as I wanted to pick up some odds and ends (Profile aero bottle, etc), and can't seem to figger out how (or if it is even possible; perhaps your shop only does actual sales via phone?)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when at the chicago tri expo I picked up the P3 SL and the Talon SL and noticed that the talon is significanlty lighter. but good question above is when do you notice this when riding? I havent ridden many different road bikes but I would guess you would notice the weight most when climbing.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: P3: Just don't get it [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

I too have e-mailed you with out a response....just FYI.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So, a heavy P3 SL can easily be 50g over, while a light P3 can easily be 50g under, making both frames the exact same weight!

First of all our frames don't vary anywhere near 100g for the same size, a P3 SL will always be lighter than a P3. You are absolutely right that the weight difference is small, but so what? We're selling the P3 SL for the exact same price as the P3, it's not like we claim we reinvented cycling as you know it and all of a sudden the P3 SL frame is ten grand.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: P3: Just don't get it [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That's cool that you did not jack up the price. I didn't know that.

Out of curiosity, what does "SL" stand for?
Quote Reply
Re: P3: Just don't get it [I forgot who - sorry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
["82 seconds faster than a P3 over 40 k"]

Thats only about 3 secs per quarter mile faster than me that you have to run to make up the difference.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Oct 28, 04 14:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Larsen

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: P3: Just don't get it [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Steve Larsen

I was thinking "superlight" but "Steve Larsen" makes more sense. I thought he looked lighter on the Ironman Live coverage.

What does the R2.5 stand for? RII.S?
Quote Reply

Prev Next