Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Training for first Ironman - what racing events to do along the way? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree completely with what jmorrissey said except about 112/20 bike/run workout (however I don't think he said that its "required"). I've riden IMLP under 6 hours (considered a "goodtime") with one 100 mile training ride leading up and most training rides around 70 miles. Otherwise what jmorrissey said is very well put.

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Re: Training for first Ironman - what racing events to do along the way? [aspath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“Sorry -- that would've been helpful! I just moved to the San Francisco Bay Area. Plenty of hills available here in all shapes and sizes. Not too cold in the winter, just some rain and of course shortened daylight hours to contend with.

I am thinking about doing Wildflower as a half-IM...”

I would say Wildflower would be a good idea. It’s a big time race with a lot of hills like LP. The one distance we have a lot of in N. California is ˝ IM so you have a lot to choose from. The new world’s toughest in Auburn would be another good choice.

I think doing a half before a full is a good idea. You can test out your race plan and feel confident before LP or if things don’t go well you will have a chance to modify your race plan.

What part of the bay area do you live?

Dave in Livermore
Quote Reply

Prev Next