Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Talon Aero Anyone?
Quote | Reply
Hello All,

Who out there uses a Talon Aero for their Tri races?

How does the bike help with the transitions to a running stroke?

Any comments?

Gilbert

Quote | Reply
The Talon rides well, but I only rode it in a "roadie" config. Not sure how it handles if you ride it steep.
Quote Reply
Any aero info would be appreciated here too [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about a Talon too, anybody got any aero info? Or any info? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Talon Aero Anyone? [Gilberto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride a Talon in the road position and I love it. I thought about experimenting with it in the aero steeper angled position but I have it dialed in so well in the road set-up that I just don't want to jeopardize my road set-up. I think you could probably get it set-up around 76-77 degree seat tube angle by using their aero seatpost and sliding the saddle forward on the rails. It must work ok otherwise I don't think you'd see Kestrel marketing it as a road set-up and an aero set-up.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I race on a Talon (tri set up). I love it and am far more comfortable in the aero set up than road set up. I have no problems transitioning to the run. Sadly, I seem to run better off the bike then I do just running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Talon and Talon SL are like the Cervelo Soloist...They're road bikes that happen to ride decently when set up in a steep seat angle setup. I have a Talon SL set up for TTs at about a 75.5 deg seat angle. This is a mid angle...some folks call this multisport angle...I call it MY tri seat angle because it works for me. The bike itself is a great piece of gear, easily one of the best TT/Tri bikes I've owned. The Soloist Team frame is cheaper and does the same thing. Either will be a good ride. But if you really want a steep angled tri-bike...I'd steer you toward a purpose built steep machine...QR, Yaqui, Cervelo P2k/P3, etc, etc. If you ride mid-angle...the Talon will be a great choice...If you want a double duty bike...the Talon and the Soloist are the best of that breed.
Quote Reply
Re: Talon Aero Anyone? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride a Talon SL. I like the feel of the carbon, but you're right TriBri, if you want to ride at a true 'steep' angle, you should look elsewhere. Durn it, I was going to post of picture of my ride with Hed3 Carbon wheels and Vision aero bars, but I can't find the camera adapter...<sigh>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks gentlemen. I am sure you all know the difficulties of investing in a $2K plus bike. Thanks again.

If anyone has info. please post it.

I am looking to complete a full IM at some point, but need a bike first.

The Search continues.

Quote | Reply
           I got a Talon last winter and set it up with the seat in the forword position on the aero seatpost. I was suprised to find using Dan's table, published here in springtime, that I'm at 78+ degrees. The bike handles fine. Is way fast, smooth and quiet. I run very well off of it. I think the carbon helps, less vibration coming through. I also think I'm running well off the bike because I've been doing this for a while now and my body is used to it. You can't buy some magic bicycle that will make you run better. It's just like the way to Carnegie Hall..........practice, practice, practice.

Also, you should shop wisely. You can get the Talon for significantly less than $2000 and the Talon SL for not too much over that. Shop carefully, it's your money!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Talon Aero Anyone? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode a Talon at 78 degrees for a season and it was alright, handling was not the best. Then I switched to a Griffen built with tri geometry and that was a heck of an improvement.
Quote Reply
Re: Talon Aero Anyone? [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a larger size Talon (like mine) you can only get about 75.5 degree seat angle:

Quote Reply