Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Poser Qualification Question
Quote | Reply
Assume a slow rider (purely hypothetical, of course. . .) and a Cervelo Dual. Would a mylar cover for the rear wheel qualify that rider for poser status? Is it the disc, or the cost of the disc that matters?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Poser Qualification Question [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, let me ask this: Can this fellow even out cycle his wife on a moderate grade?

Exactly.
Last edited by: Monk: Oct 12, 04 21:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We need to get into detail on what a pouser is. A mylar cover is a Secondhand move of the highest order.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, that is wayyyyy too mean to pick on me like that.

I haven't even got a whatever cover thing like that.

harumph...

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nooooooooooooo. The whole poser thing presumes you actually care what others are thinking. You're a better man than that. Do what you want and what you can afford.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's like a double negative: wannabe poser.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that cost is definitely a factor in determining poser status. My current setup, for example, probably qualifies me for 'loser' status, but it is far too uncool and cheap(as befits my cycling ability) to qualify me for 'poser' status.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Poser Qualification Question [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"wannabe poser" describes me to a T.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To my way of thinking being a poser is all about the show. Any wheel cover, no matter how well it works will not cut it.

No, an elite poser requires an exotic REAL disc wheel. He can't be seen racking his bike next to a Renn for god sakes.

If he's racing in the USA it'd be best to have something that is not even sold in the States, or at least is almost unobtainable here.

>>>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a custom made titanium tri bike with Zipp 909 wheelset, Profile carbon X areobars. Am I a poser?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the poser in question be above or below the Slowtwitch Elitest 13 hour Ironman cutoff ? This is likely the deciding factor on his/her status.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are in posession on "vaporware"

You might be a poser

If you don't train and have all of the "goodies"

You might be a poser

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Poser Qualification Question [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you're on to something here. There has to be a status factor associated with the product in question. It can't just work, it has to be cool, expensive, or gaudy.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Poser Qualification Question [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed.. but if you train your ass off and just don't get fast (faster maybe, but still not fast) then I don't think you're a poser becaue your dedication isn't necessarily fake. I think one has to be out there only to look cool, but not really into the sport itself. I guess it's a lack of effort/committment/dedication to the sport combined with a 100% effort/committment/dedication to the gear that truly ID's a poser.
Quote Reply