Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Problem: New car vs. old cat
Quote | Reply
Thought I would see what the ST experience is on keeping the old cat off the new car while parked in the garage. The cat lives in the garage (I'm allergic so he can't come inside) and in typical cat fashion feels the need to lounge on the new car which is already showing the effects. With the old car it was never an issue but now I'm starting to get pissed off. My wife wasn't to keen on the electrification option (not lethal just enough to keep the rodent off the car) so I thought I would throw this out to the ST masses for input. I still like the idea of a low current deterent but need some ideas on implementation. Fortunately for the cat the P2K is hung from the ceiling as this problem would have already been solved;)
Quote Reply
Re: Problem: New car vs. old cat [woodenshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a garage cat you say? If it keeps rodents from taking up residence in your garage, then, keep it. If its still annoying you with the little kitty prints all over your car, put a few pieces of fly paper on your car. After the cat picks a few of these up, it will be sufficiently freaked out and not park itself on the new wheels.

I really don't like cats. I suppose if I owned a ship, I'd have a few cats to keep the rats at (or in the) bay.
Quote Reply
Re: Problem: New car vs. old cat [Rocketboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm no cat fan either although I have to admit no mice since he's been around. I'll give the fly paper a try and maybe moth balls? Heard they are good for keeping cats out of the garden? As far as the foot prints I could live with that if that's all it was but he tends to slide down the hood when coming down off the roof. At 17 lbs he's not that gracefull and uses his claws to keep from going head first off the hood, then jumps from the hood to the steps...thud.
Quote Reply