Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arm pads on Hed clip lites?
Quote | Reply
I just installed the Hed clip lite areobars on my bike, replacing the syntace c2s. While I am able to get lower and obtain a better hand position with these bars, I find the pads to be extremely uncomfortable. The pads on the C2s were great. The Hed pads are causing me to ride less in the areo position, somewhat defeating the purpose.

Any ideas or options out there? Thanks

Gar

"Why do they keep inventing new ways to celebrate mediocrity" -
Quote Reply
Re: Arm pads on Hed clip lites? [3car] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends on what version of the pads you have.

First off, and I probably shouldn't be speaking for Steve and Anne Hed here, my guess is that these bars were not necessairyl intended for use in events that require you to be in the sero position ofr a long period of time, i.e., a flat Ironman.

Rather, I think the evolution of these bars tracks back to a shorty aerobar solution for road bikes such as used in the uphill time trial on L'Alpe d' Huez in the Tour de France and in ITU style races where aerobars are used only sporadically.

Having said that, I put a layer of gel padding from the new Fizik gel cushioned handlebar tape under my elbow pads, then taped them to the bars, then put the closed cell foam padding on. It took some fiddling and adjustiing, but I got it so it works fine.

Here's a photo of how it looks taken on the Col de Vence in the Nice Triathlon last weekend:

http://www.asiorders.com/...M=photos&BIB=484

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Arm pads on Hed clip lites? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

Much Grassyass. I was hoping you could hook me up with some good ideas. I like these bars very much, I just hate the pads.

Nice picture. You look phat in the Bikesport outfit.

Thanks again.

Gar

"Why do they keep inventing new ways to celebrate mediocrity" -
Quote Reply
Re: Arm pads on Hed clip lites? [3car] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might look phat, but I also look fat.

As a footnote, Steve told me he is coming up with a little "fit kit" of elbow pad options and components that are intended to be sold aftermarket for guys like you and I.

I'll check it out tomorrow in 'Vegas and report back ASAP. I presume I can get a connection there to post from.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Arm pads on Hed clip lites? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tom, Put me down for one of those fit-kits. I'm looking forward to my new integrated HED aerobars, but I'm also a weenie when it comes to comfort for the forearms. Thanks.
Quote Reply