Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

True heroes from the first Gulf War
Quote | Reply
Thanks to Tom D- all around great guy- I've finally found a source for that story that I brought up during the Just War debate.

For jhc and anyone else who's interested, the account can be found here:

http://www.pbs.org/...e/gulf/voices/2.html

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Last edited by: vitus979: Oct 1, 04 15:44
Quote Reply
Re: True heroes from the first Gulf War [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That operation is now legend. We studied it and I still shake my head at such bravery.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: True heroes from the first Gulf War [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds very similar to the Bravo two zero story from the SAS.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Google the Battle of Khafji in Gulf War I. You'll find some stories about a squad of Recon Marines that were trapped all night in the town, moving from house to house in a roving firefight with Saddam's forces, calling in air and naval gunfire support, slugging it out with the bad guys and creating all manner of chaos all night.

I had the pleasure of having two of them (a corporal and a sergeant) working for me after the Gulf War in the reserve unit over which I was the active duty overseer. Both came out wounded and decorated with righteous ribbons, and both, sadly enough, were not able to secure an active duty "boatspace" (what the Marines call a pay billet) on active duty and had to get out. Incredible, but true. The Marine Corps is truly born again hard on its people some times.

I took them into our unit and brought them onto extended active duty until we could find a career field for them to transistion to. They both ended up becoming "Full Time Support" Marines in a field that allowed them to have a chance at reaching retirement.

The valor, dedication and professionalism of American servicemen and women is without compare in the world, no question.

Tony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazing story - thanks for posting.