Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Griffen Vulcan?
Quote | Reply
This is a nice looking frame, but I rarely seen them at races. Why? Too heavy? They ARE pricey.

I'm looking for a new frame and just ruled out the $8000 Guru and the Colnago C45. :)

A P3 may be in my future, but I'm confused, alone, desperate, and running short of meds. :)

What this site needs is a bike choice calculator, sort of like what you find for cda, etc. at www.analyticcyling.com Input the data and it says something like "You need a 54cm P3, immediately if not sooner." Or, "Take two weeks off, then quit."

-Robert

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Last edited by: Robert: Sep 29, 04 6:58
Quote Reply
Re: Griffen Vulcan? [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Griffen Vulcan which I bought directly from Tony Free last fall. Plain and simple, I love the bike. I have heard it said that the vulcan is more suited for flat courses than hills but I my times on hills in my area are at least as fast on my griffen as my road bike (kestrel 200 sci) and the griffen is tons faster in the flats or on rolling terrain. I've raced the bike in sprint, olympic, half im and IMLP and PR'd my bike split at every distance this year - its just a fast, stiff, comfortable bike that looks really cool too. Also, while it took about 4 months to get the bike from when I ordered it from Tony, he was a pleasure to deal with. Hope this helps
Quote Reply
Re: Griffen Vulcan? [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! That's a heck of a recommendation. Thanks.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Griffen Vulcan? [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Griffen are first class bikes. I had mine made by them this past spring and it is outstanding, took about 2 months for delivery. The Vulcan is lighter than a P3. And one thing that you will get from them that puts them above the rest is that they will custom build it for you, however you want it. Try that with a Cervelo.

I got the Triton model in a compact frame made to the specific measurements that I gave them and the darn things fits great and rides incredible. You can also choose colors and decals. Tony Free, the owner, is awesome. The material they use has a very unique and has an awesome feel to it, not as soft as carbon not as harsh as aluminum.

You don't see them a lot because its a small company but remember that Dave Scott, Chris Legh and Paula Newby Fraser have ridden Griffen in the past. Several pros riding them right now.

Just my .02. You can tell I like mine.
Quote Reply