Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another reason to get a Renn Disc
Quote | Reply
A couple months ago I hit a huge pothole with 1 mile to go at triathlon in Michigan. I put a unrepairable dent in the rim of my front Hed3 and the folks at Hed were nice enough to replace the wheel for a reasonable charge under their no-fault crash policy.

I also managed to put a dent in the rim and crunch a small section of the composite on my tubular Renn disc. I sent the wheel to Frank Rehnelt at Renn Multisport, to see if it was repairable, or if it should be replaced. He checked it over and said he thought it could be repaired. I just got it back this week and couldn't believe what a great job he did. I can't even tell where the dent in the rim was and the composite has a very inconspicious repair. The rim also runs perfectly true.

When I asked Frank what my charges were he said "don't worry about it" and they shipped it back to me for free! This is what I call great customer service.
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to get a Renn Disc [R Isgrigg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's customer service at a very high level. I don't think that would happen at any other corporation.

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have a RENN disc....I am from Gibraltar, in Europe and the way these guys operate you just know you are not going to be left high and dry if anything goes wrong......forget Zipps etc....yeah they are great wheels bla bla, but discs are aerodynamically very similar so what's the point....????? lighter sure, but for the money etc RENN is the perfect solution!!!!!!!

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar experience. While demonstrating my deft handling skills in a rainy race, I got into a wicked fishtail at about 25mph, my Renn slid sideways over a large road reflector. I finished the race and later noticed a mark in the composite on one side that looked like a crease. The wheel was still true and the mark was just visible, it wasn't a bump or depression or anything. Frank had me send it back and shipped me a replacement at no charge.

BTW, are you sure yours was repaired, or might it have been replaced?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will ditto the HED experience I had the same thing happen and it was repaired flawlessly.
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to get a Renn Disc [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too hit a pothole w/ my Renn disc and after Frank riding up alongside me telling me he'd repair it. I took off with a slight wheel hop and later in the race the rim started hitting my frame about 1 mile from transition2

No longer than 30 seconds after I pull over to inspect the damage, I hear Frank's voice as he stopped beside me. He swapped discs with me and he limped home on my broken disc!!! He later repaired my disc and sent it back at no charge.

Frank Rehnelt of Renn has put customer service at a level I have never seen before!!! I never get tired of telling this story and will continue to support all future product offerings by Renn.

Chuck
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to get a Renn Disc [chuckjg112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this sarcasm or does it really happened?
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to get a Renn Disc [runbikerun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's been written about before...it really happened.
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to get a Renn Disc [Terry in MN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is a front wheel still in the works? I definitely would be interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to get a Renn Disc [runbikerun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It really happened and Frank will tell you the same!!!

I actually saw a proto front wheel in June and it looked sweet and felt very light but I did not know the weight. His girlfriend raced on it.
Quote Reply