Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is it asinine to buy clincher 404's? [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
find a friend with tubulars, borrow them. Find a friend with 404 clinchers, have him pick up his wheels then have him pick up the tubulars. When he starts swearing how f*&!ing heavy his clinchers are then you know the answer:)

The tubulars are nice and so are the clinchers but the clinchers are really hard to mount and for that price I'd buy a set of American Classic 420s or something instead. The tubulars break pretty nicely with the right pads.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it asinine to buy clincher 404's? [Dr. Dre'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the laurels. I am sorry that your attention span is quite short and I promise to limit my future comments to less than two sentences (if you care to actually read them). It further seems to me that you may be profiting from promoting certain products. Consequently I have to give up....

adrialin

(BOMK, racing drug and supplement free since 1985)
Quote Reply
Re: Is it asinine to buy clincher 404's? [adrialin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he merely was pointing out that a set of Zipp 404's costs over $450 more than a set of Hed Stingers or Alps or Hed3s.

You referred to the Heds as overpriced and the Zipps as the low end? I was also a bit confused.

It is simple, really. Deeper the wheel, the faster you go. Weight matters only to some. Price is set and matters to most. Alps are what, 38mm and $900 and need to remove the tire to true. Zipps are much lighter, 58mm and true like a normal wheel, but retail at $1350. Reynolds Stratus are 46mm and over $1400 and true like the Hed. There is the "typical" ends of the spectrum (not to single out Corima, Mavic, Nimble, etc.)

If you are a Clydesdale, Zipp has a separate version for you that now weighs about the same as the Alps. I see no reason to buy these as the Alps are a far better deal (with no weight limit). The only reason to get the Zipps are for the hubs (awesome) and the weight.

Re: Is it asinine to buy clincher 404's? [adrialin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> if you care to actually read them

I don't: I only inline them into my replies because I think it looks cool. It's all about fucking looks.

> It further seems to me that you may be profiting from
> promoting certain products.

Oh boy ... against all odds, you're actually *more* confused than I thought you were.

Dre'

-----------
Quote Reply
Re: Is it asinine to buy clincher 404's? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> Alps are what, 38mm

Alps are 50 mm.

Dre'

-----------
Quote Reply
Re: Is it asinine to buy clincher 404's? [BJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"i've got an old set (2003) of 404 tubulars...650c for sale. don't want any 3rd world families to starve ya know."

With that statement, you are hearby required to donate the proceeds of your sale to UNICEF.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply

Prev Next