Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo v. Litespeed
Quote | Reply
I've been looking through this forum and have found a lot of good information. So I think this is the best place to post this question.

I've been looking for a new Tri bike and have pretty much come to the conclusion that I'd like to get a Cervelo or a Litespeed. Obviously, they both have their advantages and their somewhat different bikes, but I'd like to get several opinions from you. Hopefully someone has gone through the same deliberation and made a decision. I’m 6’2” and weigh between 175 and 185 (depending on where we are in the season) and I focus on sprint distance and Olympic distance races.

Any input is greatly appreciated and welcome.

Thanks in advance for the info.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo v. Litespeed [dwightmorr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Standard answer: Two (or more, since you didn't specify a model)very different bikes. Buy the one that fits correctly. Both great bike companies.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we need a bit more info, but I will say that for triathlon, I'd generally lean toward Cervelo in this, but the Litespeed Saber is one sweet ride. The reason I lean towards Cervelo in this case? They simply have more options for triathlon specific bikes and I'm not sure what you're looking for.

So I guess I have some general questions. What is the price range you're looking at? Any idea how steep your current bike is setup? Any idea how steep you want to be riding? Is this based on experience, recommendation, or something else?

As Tom mentioned, fit should play the biggest role in whatever you end up buying, but I think you should be able to quickly narrow down the list of potentials before you get to that point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same as has been said - these were the two models/brands I was looking at. Both were equally valid, though based on my size and my style, racing type, etc. I ended up going with the Saber. See someone smart, ask questions, get measured, etc. They are both great bikes. FWIW, I LOOOOOOOOVE my new Saber. Though having not been in the aero position in a while certain parts of my anatomy are not so thrilled just yet. ;-)

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Litespeed Saber. Great bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too came to the same two brands (with the wide range of models and sizes Cervelo has I figured I would be able to find a good fit with one of their bikes). Ended up with the Saber over the P2k because it fit and it was cheaper. Prefered the looks and aero of the Cervelo but went for the comfort and durability of the Litespeed.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo v. Litespeed [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone that's responded so far!!

To answer some of your questions, I'm exactly sure what the angle is on my current bike. It's a '99 Allez 58 with a Profile Fast Forward seat post. I tried to find the information on Specialized's website, but can't locate it for that bike. The 2000 Allez, 58 has a 73 degree angle and I'm not sure how much forward the profile seat post increases the angle. I'd guess the net is about 76 or so. So far that's provided me a pretty good position on my bike and i'm happy with it. That's not to say that i'm opposed to a change. As for price.... hmm... I'm open to options. Within reason, I'll go for the best bike and not worry too much about that.

Several of you have posted about the Saber. Any comments between the Saber and Blade?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having ridden both company's tri and road bikes, I choose Litespeed. It's all a matter of personnal preference, the Litespeed just felt better for me. I just like ride characteristics of the Titanium frame better.

You may want to look at two aluminum tri-bikes QR and Cervelo for a better comparision.

Everyone will have a different opinion so the best thing to do is go to a reputable shop and have them set up the bikes exactly the same (so they fit you)...then go ride them and make your own decision. Good Luck!
Quote Reply