Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"It's not about the bike" Holy Crap! (SPOILER)
Quote | Reply
This guy is my idol. Note: reflectors/boner.

ISSAquah
Quote Reply
Re: "It's not about the bike" Holy Crap! (SPOILER) [ISSAQUAH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that. It is pretty impressive. He is tougher than I am by far.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: "It's not about the bike" Holy Crap! (SPOILER) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's it, I'm riding my wife's Betty in my first race next season. In full leathers. And I'll do the run as spider man. or something. seriously.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried to ride my "Penny Farthing" at a sprint race here Jacksonville, FL but was told I couldn't, due to the USAT rules about wheel size. The front wheel is a 48" model. They did tell me I could ride it around outside transition, before and after the race, since it would be alot of fun for the people to watch.

Paul
Quote Reply
No sense of humor [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got dq'ed for riding my one speed beach cruiser with a Jam box tied to the bars handing out brownies and sodas to people I caught or was passed by one time. Bummers. G
Quote Reply
Re: No sense of humor [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, all the fun has gone out of racing. :)

But, NO BEER? Bummer....

Nice try though!

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Done the beer thing too [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes Robert when Bud light was a big sponsor I rode the beach cruiser with a six pack and finished it off on the run. On the real Shreveport course, (Not the downstream version) I designed on Cross lake. Broke 2:30 on the Olympic distance race and the cops just shook their heads on a Sunday Louisiana Blue Law and open container violation. And glass bottles in the transition, and Music on the bike, and an aero helmet on backwards. Some guys have no respect. Although once on the River City Tri I ran with a bowling ball. That was a bit over the top. G
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 of the mexicans this year @ IMC rode beach crusiers, complete with the pompoms on the handle bars, single speed and everything...one of them actually passed me on the flats b/w special needs and yellow lake (i was a hurting unit @ this point), cept he did have a 4 spoke front wheel...with the fat cruiser wheel on the back...it was intense.

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: "It's not about the bike" Holy Crap! (SPOILER) [getting-old] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny as hell, Paul. Did you ride it around after the race?
Quote Reply
Re: "It's not about the bike" Holy Crap! (SPOILER) [gottabekidding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't have the penny farthing at the race site. I had asked for the next race and they said no. I don't have room for the race bike and the penny farthing in my car so the next race was on the Zipp, too. Maybe next season at one race I'll go for "show" and not to race.

Paul
Quote Reply