Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OMG! My wife just went into labour. It's like the start of an Ironman!
Quote | Reply
Well...my wife started her labour 2.5 hours ago. It lends itself to Ironman analogies. I feel that I am in the water at the start of the swim of an Ironman, and the gun has gone off. We tapered a little before the baby's due date.....now, at the beginning of the "swim", we are trying to take it easy and have a nice relaxed start, as it is a long day ahead of us.

Pain is temporary. Pride is forever.
Last edited by: SAMOK: Sep 11, 04 11:55
Quote Reply
Re: OMG! My wife just went into labour. It's like the start of an Ironman! [SAMOK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK. I'm relieved that this started a while ago before you posted.

When I saw your subject line, I was imagining you saying "You're in labor? Wait a minute honey, let me post this to slowtwitch and respond to the latest 1/3 second poll before we go anywhere".

But that's not the case. I am relieved... :)

Congrats! BTW.

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Quote Reply
Re: OMG! My wife just went into labour. It's like the start of an Ironman! [SAMOK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let us know when you hit T1. Then, after that, get the heck of the internet doughboy. Congrats in advance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't imagine giving birth! She's a hero! Give us an update upon birth.

And, stay, calm, cool and collected. when you really feel like you're going to freak out, just remember it's not your body that's the babe is coming out of!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoorah!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is this "us" and "we" stuff, bro? You are along for the ride.
Last edited by: Monk: Sep 11, 04 15:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! It's still in the early stages, and she's resting right now. We're in the swim stage heading towards T-1, where we will take it easy for the next transition. Once we get to T1, I'll make sure she and I continue to stay well hydrated, and well nourished. Maybe a massage or two at the T1 aid station, before starting the bike stage, where the goal is to stay calm, push through the pain, and take it easy, in preparation for the marathon stage.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any tips would be appreciated as well.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no tips - but my wifes first labor was 17 hours and my first IM was only 12 - she contends she still has one up on me - but I had to be there for both - she skipped the IM - so I know I have the upper hand

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats!!!!! It's can be anything from an Ultraman to a Sprint. WIth our first child, from my wife's water breaking to deliver was 36 hours. With our second child, it was only 4 hours. So good luck!!

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: OMG! My wife just went into labour. It's like the start of an Ironman! [aliciap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I am relieved... :) "

Me to. Thought this was going to be a "should I hang around until my kid is born or should I go off and do the IM" type post.

Do the IM of course (just kidding!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did your wife kick you in the head?? :)

Congrats and enjoy the ride!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure you won't make the mistake of think that birth is the finish line. I hear that this is a *very* long event.

Best of luck and I wish you and your family the very best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!!!

I hope it will worth it. In the case of my mother: I can only be summarized as disappointing results to exciting moments.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my wife just gave birth two weeks ago so i can relate. my wife also was looking forward to the event as if it were a triathlon but after succumbing to an epedermal (she wanted to do it au natural) she considired it doping and dq'd herself.

good luck mate and don't expect to sleep anytime soon!
Quote Reply