Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMWI bike course update
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow's temp is supposed to reach 80. Today will be 85 but supposed to cool down for tomorrow.

WINDS are supposed to reach 10-20 MPH. SW winds.

It's going to be windy on the bike course.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI bike course update [tritnow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Luckily....there are so many turns and tree-lined roads, it won't make much of a difference.

Actually, if memory serves correct, that will help the ride back to Madison!!!!

I'm packing up the truck to come watch....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We'll be following it on the net.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm at the Charter internet booth at the expo right now and it sure feels a heck of a lot hotter than 85. Bring on the heat, I say. The hotter, the better! Hot weather is probably the only thing that willl save me at this point. I did one loop of the swim yesterday and it appears I may be 20 min slower than last year. I knew I had lost quite a bit of speed but 45 min for one loop is insane! Man, I hope that course was long!

Meanwhile, that bad gravel section was still there as of yesterday. I'll do one last check after the meeting...

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI bike course update [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did one loop of the swim course on Thursday, then another loop on Friday. Friday was a choppy/slow day relative to Thursday. My girlfriend (who is doing the race... I'm not :-)) did another loop today. She was a full 5 minutes faster today than she was on Friday, and she says it took much less effort. It would appear that Friday was a rough day on the swim course.

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Last edited by: MarkRebuck: Sep 11, 04 15:20
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI bike course update [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They said in the pre-race meeting that the section in question had been swept.

And I agree, it feels hotter here than the weather says.

Chris
Quote Reply