Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling and Tri on TV 04/05/03
Quote | Reply
just saw that on the interactive TV guide (may be wrong though sometime they mess up...)

On OLN today at 3pm EST (in 5'!) criterium international

On ESPN2 at 4pm EST "international ironman" not sure which one, but, at least they show something else than "fishing university" and "elk world"
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling and Tri on TV 04/05/03 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couldn't ask for a better day. Perfect sunny, breezy Florida spring day. Rode a very fast 48 with good friends then ran 5. Took a bike ride with my 4-year old that is set up with a nice trek (w/trainers of course). Popped a very well-deserved brown ale (2, actually) and settled in for cycling on OLN and IM coverage on ESPN. ESPN had Phil Legget do the commentary on the IM. Phil is as smooth as butter. Perfect day.

Robert
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling and Tri on TV 04/05/03 [RA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good on you! could get better here...wind season has arrived...sunny, quite warm, and a wind starting at 30mph early in the ride, to finish with gusts at 45mph...and the traditional dust with this...
120km ride - 10mi run off the bike. drank 4 bottles of cytomax, 4 gels and 15Oz of sand and dust :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling and Tri on TV 04/05/03 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois, only 150 oz of dust? Did you have your mouth closed? I did 12mph average speed south for 30 miles then turned around and was home in well under an hour. Felt like PeeWee Herman on the way out and Lance on the way back. Gotta love the wind. Todd

1*
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling and Tri on TV 04/05/03 [Slider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep, and just back from 110mi this morning and that was not any better! stupid winds!!! I kept on telling the wind to go f..k itself (literally!) but wasn't listening!
actually was supposed to go to Rocky Point...but new visa arrived and under new INS reg. when changing visa status you have to have it processed in your home country...so can only race in the US until going to France mid june. J.Grinder was pretty cool though. transfered the entry to the half in june...

PS 150Oz...actually I have no clue...don't even know what an Oz is in grams! :-))
Quote Reply