Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [erinleigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Koobi Women's PRS. Love it. It's a little hard and narrow for a lot of people but works great for me.
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [pennib] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Koobi Tri. I tried about 6 saddles before I ended up with this one.
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [erinleigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ISM adamo performance road saddle has been the best for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an 80 degree seat tube angle and I'm thinking a 3.5" drop from saddle to areobar arm pads - based on my eyeballing the tape measure. I use the selle italia slr gel flow. I needed a much more narrow nose for reduced chafing and a cutout for the soft tissue. However, I don't feel like I sit "on the nose" of the saddle. The pelvis definitely has more of a forward tilt than on my road bike. I tried a terry damselfly, a koobi, and a bunch of others... like 6 ot 7 saddles. Good luck. The demo program someone mentioned sounds like it might be a real good way to go.
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
terry tri gellissima. i don't like it 100%, but it's the best i've ridden thus far. i have it on my tri bike and my road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [sess] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The ISM adamo performance road saddle has been the best for me.

x2
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [tribub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this what is meant by riding on the nose? Because I know an experienced tri bike fitter that claims this is a fit issue.
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adamo - its fantastic.

I was using a Sella Italia one, which it just wasnt working as there was far too much pressure to sit in an aggressive position, great on my road bike, but not TT.
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [Cyril] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surprised there's been no love for the cobb flow saddles here - i love my v-flow max!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
the original thread was posted in 2008, before blackwell research went bankrupt and john started cobbcycling.com and the v-flow plus and v-flow max saddles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the v-flow, I ride the plus. saaaaaaaved my life!

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
End of year one on Adamo Race. It took some getting used to, but I can't see going back to a saddle without a big center cutout.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have struggled for years trying to get comfortable in the aero position. My position was set with an experienced fitter using Retul. It is aggressive. I am small and light weight. I've ridden for 6 years. Now, I have finally made progress. The solution: Cobb V-Flow Plus saddle, Oomph shorts (the chamois has *wings*) and Beljum Budder. I spoke with Ginger Cobb on the phone. She is terrific! I have discovered a few things: saddle height is important and needs to be adjusted (by millimeters) as the saddle breaks in. The tilt of the saddle is the most important factor. I played with the tilt from flat to nose up to find the hollow to sit in. A few millimeters change can be huge. In this process I have learned to do all this by myself. Cobb even supplies the tools and instruction with every saddle purchase. No one can feel or fiddle with the saddle like I can. It's a process for some of us. Check out cobbcycling.com.
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [pennib] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My friends ride ISM Adamo Road (most popular), Cobb V-Flow, and SMP Gliders ... all hoochie loving saddles :)

Some bike shops will have demo saddles you can borrow for a few days to test them out ...
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with Mistress K on the Cobb saddles. I went through about 10 saddles in as many years trying to find one that didn't cause pain. Had about given up and decided that it just had to hurt to ride. Fortunately I took the leap of faith on the Cobb V-Flow Plus for my P2C and now know that there need not be pain. I do ride steep and end up on the nose during hard efforts. I switched to the V-Flow Max this season and like that even more as it is a little more firm than the Plus and has the longer rails for an even more forward position. I moved the Plus to my road bike but it is definitely too squishy so I am looking forward to the Cobb SHC170 which is coming out in two weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update on my saddle choice :-) I still have the Damselfly, but I am now using the Specialized TriTip Gel SL http://www.specialized.com/...Id=9302&eid=5007

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Koobi Womens PRS, a little on the harder side, but I like it a lot, been using one for almost 3 seasons now
Quote Reply

Prev Next