Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If you broke a saddle recently...
Quote | Reply
...At the rails, that is, what seatpost were you using?

My guess is that we may find that certain post designs don't work very well with hollow Ti rails. If all these broken saddles were on the same or similar seatposts, well, maybe there's a problem. If not, well, all the better.

Sincerely curious -

Survey says...

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: If you broke a saddle recently... [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thompson Elite with a Selle San Marco something or other. The thing had about 10,000 miles on it though. It was time.

Quote | Reply
Carbon Alien. Broken Aspide Tri saddle. Only about 300miles. Hollow Ti rails are a stupid idea!

-----------------------------------------------------
The true Master does not wish to lead,
Nor does he wish to follow.
He only wishes to place himself
Where he is needed most.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I broke the rails on my San Marco Azoto triathgel riding on an unbranded OEM carbon aero post that Giant used to use on the TCR aero.

it seems, though, that the problem is San Marco's titanium rails. a previous post said that hollow ti rails are stupid and i agree, but my saddle had solid ti rails and they still broke (and i'm only about 155 or 160 lbs.). i think maybe San Marco's using a poor quality titanium since it seems to be happening almost exclusively on their saddles with ti rais.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Koobi triathlon saddle.

I doubt the problem lies with saddle design. As was mentionned, titanium hollow railing is a dumb idea.

Francois in Montreal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3 Selle San Marcos: Azoto (2), Aspide (1).

1 was on a Torque Ti Seat post, and 2 on a Softride seat bracket.

I no longer ride Ti rails. I use the FSA magnesium railed Azoto.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: If you broke a saddle recently... [getting-old] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you buy rails separately? Didn't your Azoto come with the ti rails?

This is a concern. I have an Azoto and both my seat posts are amongst the list (TCR Aero - Mike Burrows design + Thompson Elite). I was also going to get an Aspide Tri!

Sounds like everyone though came through without any real danger?
Quote Reply
Re: If you broke a saddle recently... [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing like high anxiety, eh? Guess you'll be light in the saddle until this passes....

My Azoto rails broke on a Thomson Elite......

When did you buy your Azoto? Just make sure you break it during the warrantly period.

I've been using the Selle Italia SLR tri saddle since...and it's been a better saddle for me. Let's hope it stays that way.
Quote Reply