Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Congratulations! Marc Kase, Ann Arbor, Michigan- 10:28:58 at IMC!
Quote | Reply
Marc is a frequent contributor on this forum and also walks the walk! Great race today for Marc on his Campagnolo equipped Cervelo P3. He was 132nd overall!

Way to go Marc!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Congratulations! Marc Kase, Ann Arbor, Michigan- 10:28:58 at IMC! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marc,

Awesome Job!

Sounds like all your hard work came together. I hope to catch up to you on the dirt road rides through Ann Arbor this fall.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Congratulations! Marc Kase, Ann Arbor, Michigan- 10:28:58 at IMC! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, guys. I'm going to use that cyclocross bike this Fall and am already getting psyched for the cross season. My swim and bike went just as I planned--- Both were at a moderate effort with an average HR of ~150 and with times within the ranges I had visualized. I felt comfortable at T2 and thought I was having the race of my life. I felt awesome on the first part of the run but started cramping around mile 6. My goal was to run relaxed and steady without worrying too much about HR and over the first eight miles my run splits gradually dropped from 7:05 (too fast!) down to 7:45 (just right) down to 8:45 (slowest pace I could run and hit my goal) and by mile 16 I had to start walking the feed stations and was reduced from a run to a shuffle. I went 1:40 on the way out on the marathon and 2:20 on the way back. Hopefully next season I'll stay healthy and dial in my run for a complete race.

It was a great experience--- The course was beautiful and it was the best organized race I've done. I signed up for next year and am bringing a couple of other friends along. My wife was even ready to sign up the day before the race, but then when she saw me hurting on the back stretch of the run she decided to go for IMC 2006.
Quote Reply
Re: Congratulations! Marc Kase, Ann Arbor, Michigan- 10:28:58 at IMC! [MarcK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to get too personal, but you must have been the top Clydesdale no? Perhaps you don't weigh over 200#s?

-To those that don't know Marc, he's like 6'6". I can't imagine trying to fuel your body for 10 hours.

See you in the dirt.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply