Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Tri Bike news
Quote | Reply
I hope it's news anyway. I took the wife out to dinner tonight and first stop by the LBS.The lady who owns the shop called me over to the counter as soon as I walked in.She said she had something to show me. She had a three ring binder and in it, it had pictures and info on the new tri bikes coming out . First off there are three levels 105 ,Ultegra, and Dura ace.None where the color of the bike above.Now I'm doing this from memory so If I don't have everything right please dont shoot me.Ok the 105 bike was white with black writing on it. Just opossite of the one above. The fork and the seat post was different. It looked like it had a triple crank. FSA I think.

The Ultegra bike looked like the bike above except it was blue with white trim, and had cheaper wheels and a FSA crank.

The Dura-ace bike was sliver with black trim and writing.The wheels and crank looked the same as the Ultegra bike.

All three bikes had a seat tube angle of 76 degrees.

She told me the prices. I forgot what she said the 105 was. Maybe I better not say how much they are.What if I get it wrong, then somebody gets mad and comes back and calls me a liar.

Dave

Oh and she said she expected to get them in Nov.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Tri Bike news [baddog590] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frame/fork combo price is $1650. Will be available in Oct.....right around the time Reid and Bowden win Kona again.

;o)

If ya do a google search for Specialized Transition, you'll find more...or check out www.peterreid.com
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Tri Bike news [Sandbagger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 See thats why I didn't say the price.Because the price I heard was just a little more that what you said and that was for the complete bike (Ultegra).

Also if you look Peter's bike is quit a bit different than the bike up above.As someone else said before its probably custom made. Dave
Last edited by: baddog590: Aug 28, 04 3:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, for $1650 you can get a Dura Ace 10 speed equipped Felt S25 with a bladed seat tube and bladed seat post. Does Specialized look at what everyone else is selling? How about the Dual for $1700, how is Specialized going to sell a Frameset against that complete bike with Ultegra?

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now this belongs in a hottie thread!!!!

We should start a drool thread -- and post dream bikes!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Tri Bike news [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not very accurate to compare S-Works E5 to machine drawn 7005.....

I didn't spend too much time looking at the catalog, but I think each frame has a different price point...which would seem to mirror Specialized bike line (S-Works, Allez, etc)

I will agree though...our "industry" has done a great job to artificially boost prices and make one "justify" irrational, incremental-gain purchases....

In the Felt line...is an integrate aero seat post worth $1000 extra?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd argue that we are comparing apples.

With regards to the $100 price difference: Apprently not, if consumers don't buy it, then it is gone. Their is no more DA, and the new and improved B2 gets the "integrated" aero seat post, now in carbon fiber, a lighter frame with carbon rear end, and EC90 aero fork, now lighter and UCI legal vs. the Reynolds the price dropped $500 as well. And the complete bike with Zipp 404s and full DA10 components is under $4000.

-SD

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me get this straight...you're saying that a Felt S25 would ride just as good, if not better than an S-Works E5?

(Frame of course...not the components)

Sounds like the V2 of the B2 should be a great bike for the bling and jing. Now that Felt has become the new bike ho manufactuer....I'm not sure they have much base to build upon. What bike shop isn't a Felt dealer?

I should point out that I am the proud owner of a F1X and F1. Just don't really care for their tri bikes.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about the Dual for $1700, how is Specialized going to sell a Frameset against that complete bike with Ultegra?

Ah SuperDave didn't you read anything I said? The price I was told (and I could be wrong) was some where right around $1700 for a complete bike with Ultegra.

Or put it this way Dura-ace 10 speed under $3000. Ultegra under $2000.
Dave

But if I ever find out about the P2k maybe I'll still get Cervelo.
Last edited by: baddog590: Aug 30, 04 23:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it is a viable option. As to the ride quality, if you think E5 is significant enough to provide a significant difference, I've got some Kool-Aid for you to taste. Really it is a fit issue, and if both bikes fit, I can't see ever choosing the more expensive one if you can buy from the same level of dealer WRT service.

I'm not sure what you mean by "ho" manufacturer, and about 92% of the dealers in the US do NOT carry Felts.

Sounds like they fit the bill on the drop bar side of things, all told what would make you spend more for an equivalent bike?

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Again, if it is $1700, who would buy it over a Dura Ace10s Felt or Ultegra Dual? Seems like a 76 degree bike with oval tubes can be found cheaper that that. If this is their reintroduction to the market, I'm just suprised they don't do something better than what is out there, not just the same.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I was begining to think I was talking to myself here.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this isnt the greatest picture but this is the bike I saw that was Dura-ace and under three grand.Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can anybody explain the strange (reversible?) seatpost?

where exactly is the post/frame clamp?

and what is the strange angled collar (?0 that seems to be in the middle of the post?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply