Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's settle this once and for all [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Cerveloguy ..... the Wheeler would definitely be a no no in a road race since they'd laugh me silly with the bar end shifters and little wheels. I do have a Cannondale R700 with drop bars (but it does have a 75 degree seat tube and grip shifters on the aero bars and little wheels) that I could probably get by with if I swapped out the shifters for some STI...... however, my wife has been patient enough with my 23 hour a week average training the past few months and telling her I was going to enter a new type of race would not be a good idea this year :)

I guess I may be on the lookout for some 8 speed STI shifters on ebay since the idea interests me a little.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's settle this once and for all [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the difference is that now, I don't give a rat's ass what people think.

Francois, one day we are talking rugby, the next day you quote back at me my life philosophy (or one of em).

Respect.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: Let's settle this once and for all [kiwipat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mate, let's meet somewhere, in NZ, in the US or better at a Rugby sanctuary! :-)

how long to recovery?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's settle this once and for all [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep, you are on.

Swim next week, bike 2 weeks, run 3 weeks...I am just starting to get a bit pissed off with the whole not training game - patience is not a strong point. But, given what I did to myself, if I hit those targets I will be doing well.

Softly softly, catchy monkey, as they say.

Now, off to watch the Kiwi kayakers.

Honestly, this whole country today has been going ballistic about the tri boys...one of the great things about coming from a small place is that world achievements create a BIG splash. When your country wins 20 gold medals, what is one more? But when you had two and then you get another kind of unexpectedly, it is huge. I am just so stoked for those two, especially Hamish.

Hey, your injury (achilles?) - where dat at?

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: Let's settle this once and for all [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just watched the Olympic men's race and it is the first draft legal I have ever watched. Though I don't like the idea of drafting it does make better TV and in the end that is what the Olympics are all about. I have to say making drafting ok was a brilliant move.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's settle this once and for all [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ended up spending the first 7 laps as the one dictating the pace as I tried to shake off and ride away from the 4 or 5 guys sitting on my wheel. I was getting majorly pissed off and near the end of the 7th loop yelled at them to get off my wheel .... the response was something like "You asshole, this race is draft legal"

HaHa. Reading that funny bit is a good way to start a Friday. Thanks.

-------------------------------

Tibbs, I'm with you. I prefer triathlon (and other "individual" events) to actually be every man for himself ... the whole time. I don't like the "teams" or "alliances" affecting outcomes of an individual event. But, the drafting was cool to watch.

The announcer said that if someone didn't take their turn at the front and just stayed back and saved 20-30% of their energy drafting, that the other riders would "do everything they could to make sure that guy didn't win". My question is "what can they do?" Crash him off the course, tie his shoes together, form a circle around him during the run and refuse to let him escape? The guy would be back there just saving energy and then during the run should be able (in theory) to bury the others in the run.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Let's settle this once and for all [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SWIM, DRAFT, RUN....PERFECT!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next