Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tristuff4less Newsletter--New-Skirt Sports
Quote | Reply
       Tristuff4less.com Newsletter

Tristuff4less.com | email Tristuff4less.com |

Mountain Biking--I am slowly getting better
I live in a place where mountain biking rules. It is considered one of the ideal places to ride MTB bikes in the state of Colorado. There are lots of trails, forest service roads, and single track. My problem is that I am not a very good mountain bike rider. I have some friends who regularly tear up the trails around here and often invite me. Though I am quite a strong cyclist, riding a mountain bike is almost a different sport. Having balance and technique on a mountain bike is something I am slowly getting better at. As they say: the more you do it the better you get.

My other issues with mountain biking is that my friends like to brag about how many bruises, stitches, and crashes that they have had. Maybe I am getting old, but crashing doesn't sound too fun to me. So I have been trying to get out on my mountain bike at least one time each week for a change of pace, and for me to get some technique in. My friends have also been patient with me in that when we come to some sort of "hazard" they give me some tips as to how to get over it. But I think that ultimately mountain biking takes a few things:
  1. Fitness (I am not too bad here)
  2. Courage (are you willing to go that fast down that rock face??
  3. Technique and Skill

And what I think I lack is the courage and the technique. I guess this will come with time.

Two of my friends are training for a 50 mile MTB race on July 4th. So this past weekend (Father's Day) we did a long MTB ride (44 miles) with lots of climbing. They totally kicked my butt. When they got to the "top" of the ride they waited patiently for me. I can't even use the "I'm not a mountain bike rider" excuse because it was a long 12 mile climb up a forest service road. The view from the "top" though was breathtaking. And another good thing about it is that I wasn't on the road on a very busy day here in the mountains of Colorado. Sunday's tend to be Camper Day as all of the campers are going home. It can be quite treacherous on the roads.

So.. I will continue to work on my skills and hopefully one day I will be able to keep up/

Happy Training and Riding
Jon
jon@tristuff4less.com
http://tristuff4less.com

SPECIALS:
This week I am featuring a new line that we are carrying. Last year we were introduced to Skirt Sports, a company started by ironman champion Nicole Deboom. She wanted to make clothing for women that was pretty. Here is her story from their website:
"On a training run, Nicole DeBoom jogged along, wishing for a little inspiration to help her through what felt like her millionth workout of her triathlon career. As she glanced at her reflection in a store window, she realized something was missing. It wasn't the performance in her apparel, but the lack of attitude. When she got home, she immediately scribbled the word "Pretty!" on a piece of scratch paper, taking the historic first step toward what is now the culture of SkirtSports, a company that lives by the idea that fun and fitness is a lifestyle choice that nurtures confidence and happiness. As a professional swimmer, runner, and biker, and CEO of SkirtSports DeBoom endeavored to give the everyday woman extra attitude and style and add inspiration to their workout."
Recently we purchased some of their items to see how well they sell. Come visit our webstore to see what we have for you or for your special lady. Below is the "Compression Girl" skort. It is a cycling short with a full chamois pad, but it is also a skirt. The TRIKS is skirt spelled backwards. Click on the picture to see all of the Skirt Sports stuff that we have.

</ P>This Web Page Created with PageBreeze Free Website Builder

Jon Bergmann
http://jonbergmann.com
Quote Reply