Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike computer sensor/Race disk
Quote | Reply
Just put my race wheel on - - and - - realized that my computer will not work. My computer measures cadence and such with both sensors on the rear wheel. Can I just find a little magnet and use double sided tape - then cover that with electrical tape? Is this advisable?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike computer sensor/Race disk [Trianthes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just used electrical tape. It does fine up to at least 44.5 mph, and for at least 75 miles! Double-sided tape plus electrical tape ought to be even better.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike computer sensor/Race disk [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just wondering where I am going to find a magnet - - I am thinking about cutting a small part a refrigerator magnet?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike computer sensor/Race disk [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is probably stupid - but you put the side of the magnet out that pulls, not pushes - right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any kind of magnet will work, the stronger, the farther from the pickup it can be. Don't think it matters which side you use, just use a small, strong magnet.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple points which I have found to work. First, if you have a local Radio Shack go there and buy a 'Rare Earth' magnet it is very small and super strong. I experimented w/ multiple other refrigerator type magnets and found that most don't work. I superglued it on my disc (check your position multiple times before you glue) and then use electrical tape over it if you want to be real anal about it. I also tried the double sided tape but had my magnet bounce off one race. good luck......
Quote Reply