Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Related to Bicyclesports: Retail industry direction. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

Interesting comments. I was one of the fortunate ones. I got in early, mid 80's and rode the wave until the 90's when I saw the big dollar days fading along with my health. Most people will never know what it is like to own a tri-shop, put in the long hours, make little money, but overall enjoy yourself. Are dealers grasping to ride the wave, hell yes. You and I both know that most dealers are just trying to stay in business and will do anything they can to keep their stores open.

In the good old days, I was making a six figure salary. I doubt that 1% of dealers can make that now. The industry has changed, customers are not nearly as loyal as they once were, and the guys who were in the industry from the start have left, me included. It's a tough business as any retail business is these days and dealers will grab at straws. This year it's triathlons, next year it will be something else, but those who are willing to stay in and "work" the industry must be savy enough to go where the money is. If a dealer can supplement his "regular" business with some Tri business and keep his doors open, you'll see more and more chasing the rainbow.
Quote Reply
Re: rambling [Wants2rideFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL Had to look that one up!

Re: Related to Bicyclesports: Retail industry direction. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, here is the info about the book and author interviewed yesterday on CKLW in Windsor. Sounded like a very interesting book......Naked Consumer by Anthony Stokan. Its coming out in November, available at Amazon.
Quote Reply

Prev Next