Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

AR from Memphis et al.. doing Lake Degray
Quote | Reply
http://www.slopnet.com/forum/degray/index.html

See link above, the infamouns brushy road. Its essentially a hilly, go-kart path. Until you hit the highways, it reminded me of one of those country ass Go-Cart Tracks. The road is very narrow and, to me, I think this course puts an emphasis on the following:

1. Descending and climbing 65-70 yard grunt hills.

2. Handling the bike over that rough road on Skyline, which has pothole filler all over the place.

3. Turning sharp turns.

Bike handling, and steep, short climbing. This is the hardest hill:

I road some of it before I got pelted by a storm. Here's some pictures. I went back and took some pictures in the car, if you are going to take this cold.

Let me say this: the scariestthing to me was being taken by surprise by the gusts of wind coming over the Spillway. I literally almost lost control of the bike, when the storm came through.

There was a family of triathletes behind me, who seemed to have no problem. I'm a big ass and stood up, and whoooom, the wind literally moved me around.

They are having some Youth USAT camp down there.
Last edited by: boothrand: Aug 11, 04 15:54
Quote Reply
Re: AR from Memphis et al.. doing Lake Degray [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you in for the 1/2?

Weather still looking great?
Quote Reply
Re: AR from Memphis et al.. doing Lake Degray [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn Booth, NICE recon work! Thanks. Looks like the weather's going to hold up. Think the lake will be chilled enough for a 'suit swim?? Bahh, probably not.... see you out there.

Andy
Quote Reply