Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: As new Zipp Sub9 Disc, shimano, tubular/ ZIpp Ceramics/ w Vittor EVO CX 23
Quote | Reply
Used two times, total of about 20 total miles. As new 2008 Zipp Sub9 Tubular disc, shimano.
Glued to it, quite perfectly<G> is a Vittoria Evo CX 7x23 tire with tufo extenders for good valve closure.
it was glued with Soyo glue, 3 coats fully dried for 36 hours. Straight as an arrow.
Soyo glue is super great glue. when you acetone it later, ti comes off pretty clean, but it has some serious serious clamping power. i use it since general opinion amongst those who know that glue suggest that kindo f glue, fully cured between coats, can get you pretty close to clincher rolling values. close, not exact but far far better than your typical slap on a few coats quick and be done glue job.

Its a shimano wheel though a campag freehub body change is an easy thing to do.

These wheels have the Zipp supplied ceramic bearings, which they discuss at great lenth on their site as being the very finest taht exist. The retail on the ceramics alone is $850 to $1000 (dont shoot the messanger)
these bearings spin so smooth its insane. i've had ceramics in many wheels and often feel the smoothness is a function of the a) bearing and b) the install job. if not done perfectly, exactly the right pressing using the right tools, they are left wanting, wasting that expense on ceramics. these things as supplied by zipp are insanely good.

not that it matters but i have a win and a 3rd place overall on these honey bears.

Retail on the wheel is $1900; Tire is $100; Ceramics are a $900 upgrade. Zipp supposedly has the nicest... $3k total.

Yours for $1900 shipped.

FYI, as you can see in the photos, i run it in Stealth mode, no decals. The decals take up about 30% of the bulge surface area and prevent the dimples from coming thru. Per Zipp's marketing, those dimples are a big value, a main bullet point. Why have them covered up? and stealth looks nasty mean. decals are cheap to put back on.

Tire is perfect, no nicks, looks like its never been outside. It has the same 20 miles on it.

Any quesitons, PM or email me steve @ Trademanage.com (take out the spaces)

regards,
sg

Quote Reply