Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: question about clothing that I don't understand [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As for running skirt vs. shorts, I definitely think that's personal preference. If you think wearing a skirt is fun, great! If you're a shorts gal, then great! I LOVE having options in my clothing.
The guys are missing out. The only time they could get away with wearing a skirt is a kilt on St. Patrick's Day runs! hee hee hee
Quote Reply
Re: question about clothing that I don't understand [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's funny that you mention kilts.

Before I was a triathlete, my sport was long-distance backpacking.

The kilts are gaining favor with the men in that sport. Like me, they cite "better air circulation down there" as the reason for wearing the kilt.

They seem to be most popular on the Appalachian Trail.
Quote Reply
Re: question about clothing that I don't understand [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>The guys are missing out. The only time they could get away with wearing a skirt is a kilt on St. Patrick's Day runs! hee hee hee <<

Actually, an ex-STer (guy) wore one on the run as a joke at Half Vineman a couple of years ago. He's quite fast (especially on the run) and he was running people down in the skirt and boy, were some of his fellow boys pissed. Ran himself into a Kona slot that day, if I remember correctly.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: question about clothing that I don't understand [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hahahahahhaha amen sister.

i think it may just be a comfort, confidence thing. I don't need to, or want to, proclaim my femininity at a race. i like the chance to "play with the boys", and feel i wouldn't be taken seriously as a competitor in a skirt. however, i understand that the masculine enironment at races is not one that some women are comfortable in, and many don't want to get lost in the androgenous masses.

on a side note, i had a funny conversation with the bf a while back. has anyone else notice that especially on the bike, in triathlon the girls and guys look remarkably similar? Think about it: the girls have muscle, the guys are lean and shave their legs, everyone wears sunglasses, long hair is often hidden under helments, "bro" and bra type tops are wory by both sexes, guys ride pink planet x bikes, girls ride black felts.....i think its quite hilarious really. there are times when i'll be coming up on someone and really not know if is a guy or a girl haha.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Re: question about clothing that I don't understand [flyer521] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"has anyone else notice that especially on the bike, in triathlon the girls and guys look remarkably similar?"

I am secure enough in my masculinity to admit that I have admired an ass or two in the past only to be mortified as I passed the "hottie" and realized that I just checked out another dude ...

... I only hope that my "moneymaker" gets checked out as often ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: question about clothing that I don't understand [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, no one could ever mistake ME for a guy with my figure, that's for sure. I kind of really have the whole hourglass thing kickin'. Decent shoulders (thank you swimming!), small/tiny waist, then flare out to the hips!
I would be a total "pear" shape if not for working out and swimming.

:)
Quote Reply
Re: question about clothing that I don't understand [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if you all covered this one- but I love my Shebeest Cycloskort because I can get off my bike and pick up the kids, run errands, and come home without the big ole pad showing. Bummer part is everyone thinks I play tennis since it looks a bit like a tennis skirt- and no offense to those that play tennis- I am not a tennis gal!!!

COtrimom

Quote Reply
Re: question about clothing that I don't understand [roadie gal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldnt wear one, I wear skirts all summer but I dont 'get' them either. It seems that women defend and support wearing them by saying they want to cover their jiggly bits, etc, dont like how their ass looks in race photos (I never had a race photo taken of my ass at a race, but thats besides the point) yet others say they like the attention? so which is it? you wear them to hide it or flaunt it?
When I am racing, I am not considering how I look to spectators, I consider the weather, comfort, and ease of transition. No I dont take it or myself too seriously, that is just me, and why I do not understand these 'skirts'. If you want to wear them, fine, but really I dont get it either!
Quote Reply
Re: question about clothing that I don't understand [roadie gal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got my first running skirt last week and love it. I have chafing issues in regular shorts, so I ended up having to wear spandex shorts underneath them on long runs. I decided to pick up a "skort" with the shorts sewn in - it is way less bulkier and one less piece of clothing that I need.
Quote Reply
Re: question about clothing that I don't understand [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>so which is it? you wear them to hide it or flaunt it? <<

Group A is the former; Group B is the latter. How hard is that really?

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: question about clothing that I don't understand [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

one of the faster male ultra runners in the NW. photo courtesy of glenn tachiyama

Quote Reply
Re: question about clothing that I don't understand [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never had a race photo taken of my ass at a race

Lucky you. My Ass is with me in every race photo, wherever i go, poking out on either side of my legs, like some Evil Shadow of Doom.

Always envied the little people who could actually put a name of something on their ass, like "Rutgers" or "Princess." I could write the entire prologue to the Canterbury Tales on my Ass and still have a little butt cheek left over. :(
Quote Reply
Re: question about clothing that I don't understand [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I group ride with a group of riders some of whom are women. One of the more modest now has a skirt/bike shorts combo. she is both a very attracive women and a kick ass cyclist! She would not come in to a resturant during a long ride for appearance sake. it is great she now feels confident any time we ride and I feel less concerned when I have her in the pace line I front of me.
Those outfits have a place in our sport if it helps one more participant to feel good about themself ........then great!!

Just my 2 cents worth.
Rick
Quote Reply

Prev Next