Quote Reply
Re: doping witchunt [dockimpoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"a lawyer's opinion"

Yeah, anything to make buck.
Quote Reply
Re: doping witchunt [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
granted that she was paid by cyclingnews for her article. but i don't see how that diminishes any of her points.

Kim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is ALWAYS 3 sides. There is side 'A'... side 'B'... then of course there is the TRUTH!!

JB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hadn't thought of the witchhunt analogy and it does seem rather appropriate.

The original witchhunts always stopped when the accused ran out of out of favor townsfolk to point the finger at and started naming the local church and government officials. Not sure who that would be in the current cycling reenactment... but maybe Lance does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure whether its a witch hunt or not but the examples she uses are horrible.

Cofidis? Three guys including the team leader were caught red-handed and/or confessed that I know about. The authorities would be seriously remiss in their duties if they didn't investigate the whole team.

Lance? Give me a break. Yes, he is under a microscope and yes, people make a lot of unsubstantiated accusations against him but I thought witch hunts were where a bunch of powerful people ganged up against and killed someone who couldn't stick up for themselves. Lance is rich, strong, mean and adored by millions. Every year that goes by without a positive test and every tour that he wins, he gets stronger and more bulletproof and his detractors look more and more like whiny losers. It has already gotten to the point where he is destroying his accusers and even people who remotely ally themselves with his detractors (see Simeoni) rather than the other way around. I love Lance and I think the doping allegations against him are crap but it is pretty hard even for me to see him as a helpless victim.

Anyone who tells you they're as fast now as they were when they were 18...
sure wasn't very fast when they were 18.
Quote Reply