Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need some inspiration
Quote | Reply
Need a little pick me up with words from people I've never met. I've had my heart broken by a wonderful guy. I no longer feeling like training, the new Trek I've been eyeing and saving for just doesn't do a thing for me, and I'm afraid that my running shoes will collect a layer of dust. He's been my inspiration to train harder, to do better, and to be a better person. How can I find all of that on pavement?

You win some.
You loose some.
You wreck some.
A-
Quote Reply
Re: Need some inspiration [Bug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know the feeling of not wanting to train when you are depressed. The ironic thing is, if you go out and do it, your mood will actually improve. The harder the workout, the better you feel (at least that's how it works with me). For some, working out with a group helps.

Or think about this: At some point you will be over this, and you'll regret the fitness you lost while not training.

The hardest thing is getting out the door.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Poor, poor Buggy. I'm so sorry. Really, I am. I've had the same thing happen to me before, I know how it feels.

NOW, sympathy time is over. Jaylew is right, get out the door. It doesn't matter how much it feels like it will drain you to do it, just do it, and you will feel better. Probably immediately! If you don't feel better immediately, keep doing it day after day. EVERY DAY. Sometimes you have to ACT recovered in order to recover faster. I know it is an ACT, you know it is an ACT, your neighbors and even people that have never seen you before know it is an ACT....well, ACT AWAY if that's what it takes. It will be very soon that you will not only feel better, but you will be stronger than you were before.

Quit reading this post and get your wonderful new life started by getting your marvelous self out the door and exercise! Surviving this will make the last few miles of an IronMan easier, because it will make you stronger! We're rooting for you! You can do it! Check back with us and let us know how it's going!

Love, Hugs, and Kisses,

Been There, Done That, but didn't waste my money on the T-shirt!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Need some inspiration [ktalon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all. My brother is dragging me out for the Shamrock Shuffle on Sunday, so hopefully I'll actually go and get out of the house. It's just been a really long time since I've experienced anything like this, obviously the sun continues to come up every day, it doesn't seem quite as bright though.

Perhaps it's the rain??

You win some.
You loose some.
You wreck some.
A-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The thing that caught my eye in your post - he has been your inspiration. From my perspective, using another person as your inspiration works fine for short term goals. However, if you want running/triathlon/activity to be your lifestyle forever, it cannot be based on another person.

Decide for yourself, based on reasons other than soneone else why you do every (major) facet of your life.

Once I got my reasons straight, I became much happier, less stressed, and more fulfilled in every aspect of my life. There was enough change that family and friends asked me what happened.

On the simple side of things, try this. Get a friend to drive you, in a straight line X miles away from home. Or park your car and have a friend drive you X miles away. Then have your friend leave. Make X very, very long. If 6 miles is the farthest you have ever run, make X=10 miles. As a marthon runner, I'd make it at least 20 miles. Take no money, no cell phone, no watch, nothing. Take your time getting back. If nothing else, this will enforce a time of solitude for reflection, prayer and meditation. I gaurantee you will feel better and be thinking clearly when you are done.

Remember, you are well loved both in your "real" life and on this forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won't try to offer any advice, but this http://www.hosstyle.com/bottomsup.htm might give you a chuckle. Just remember, all men are animals but some make better pets than others. Try not to get involved with one that you love more than your bike.

Put the bunny back in the box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you and Tom D. should have a long talk together.

Seriously, just remember that things always work out for the better and there is lots of other fish in the sea. Also, it's not like you're the only one to ever go through this.

Just get out and go for a work out. You'll feel better afterwards.
Quote Reply
Here you go. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bug, inside you burns something. It is dim now becasue of a broken heart. But those who feel a broken heart the worst are also those who take the greatest satisfaction in a sunrise, the warmth of the sun on your skin, the feel of the water over your body and the sound of the pavement under your bike. These things are not given to you by someone else: And they cannot be taken by them either. They come from inside you. While these things may seem improbably dim right now I can tell you intellectually AND emotionally there are definately better days ahead. That is a certainty. A broken heart is a serious wound, and a genuine wound. It requires first aid and treatment: Kindness of friends, mourning, time to recover and rebuild your strength, time to cry about it and time to be sad about it before you move on. Don't hurry the process. Be sad, cry, and be lazy. But do remember the flame that burns inside, while dim now, will reignite when fueled again. While the people on this forum have never seen one another in person we are far from strangers. I can tell you that from experience. Remember, it all comes from inside you: Good and not so good. You'll be OK, everything will be fine. It just takes a little time. Best wishes...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." -- Psalms

"Be what you were created to be -- a glorious shining human flower in God's incredible garden of life." -- John A.V. Strickland

"A competitor will find a way to win. Competitors take bad breaks and use them to drive themselves just that much harder. Quitters take bad breaks and use them as reasons to give up." -- Unknown. So which are you, competitor or quitter?

"If Columbus had turned back, no one would have blamed him. No one would have remembered him, either." -- Unknown

"Time is a friend, a healer, and a maker of dreams." -- Unknown (yeah, this Unknown guy sure has a lot of good quotes).

"Great minds have purposes, others have wishes. Little minds are subdued by misfortunes; but great minds rise above them." -- Washington Irving

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent." -- Marilyn vos Savant

"I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed. And the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep trying." -- Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply