Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TV shows that talk about weight...like Oprah [NCCB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not necessarily a fan of Oprah, althought I don't find her offensive. Mostly I respect what she has done with her money. Her show has gone downhill in the last couple years. It has become a forum for promoting her friends and not really anything else. That said I do get useful info from the show occasionally . I do watch it when I can but I work from home and by 4:00 I'm looking for a distration :-)

Now Dr Phil, he is another story altogether! Garrr....he really annoys me....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: TV shows that talk about weight...like Oprah [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QRgirl wrote:
What annoys me are women's magazines with "get fit by Spring" or "loose 10 pounds by blah, blah, blah" then the magazine also has the top 5 chocolate cake recipes. Good grief.

I see no contradiction in this. Of course you don't have to eat those chocolate cakes yourself, just bake it and make someone else happy ... or send it to me ...

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Re: TV shows that talk about weight...like Oprah [Bavarian_Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of these shows that talk about weight have become so tiresome......I change the channel now when one of them is on. I think it is our national obsession!
Quote Reply
Re: TV shows that talk about weight...like Oprah [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QRgirl wrote:
What annoys me are women's magazines with "get fit by Spring" or "loose 10 pounds by blah, blah, blah" then the magazine also has the top 5 chocolate cake recipes. Good grief.

And the really offensive part is that the recipes suck, right?

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: TV shows that talk about weight...like Oprah [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The latest issue of Health has some supposedly "light" cake recipes. They still have 350 calories or so per 1/16 of the cake.

Maybe they stay in business by helping you try to get skinny then fooling you with cake recipes :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: TV shows that talk about weight...like Oprah [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty picky about my recipes, but I can generally tell if they're going to be any good based on the ingredients list and the process.
I'd be about as likely to take a recipe from one of those rags as I would exercise advice. :D

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply

Prev Next