Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sneaker weight
Quote | Reply
I am running with Asics Landreth model. They are not light to begin with, but when they get soaked wet with sweat, which is every time, they are extra heavy. I am 178lbs and 5'11.5, so a running flat doesn't provide enogh support. Training distance for IM.

Any ideas on shoes that might be lighter? The extra ounces add up over the miles, even not wet.
Quote Reply
Re: Sneaker weight [DFL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Mizuno's - they make several different styles that support and are fairly light
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is a sneaker?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the landreth is a pretty heavy shoe, try the brooks dyad, nike swift vapor (might wear out quickly), mizuno wave rider, nb 880. These shoes all are nuetral like the asics you're wearing now and have lighter uppers. The fit, well find a good running store and try them on:)
Quote Reply
Re: Sneaker weight [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"sneakers" are what people that don't come from a running background call running shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Sneaker weight [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"
Quote:
sneakers" are what people that don't come from a running background call running shoes.
Right. You must mean "sneakers" is less pretentious...or maybe you didn't, but aren't. For instance, I call a thing a bike, where you might call it a "pedal crank operated two wheeled terrain traversing machine riden astride by one or more persons". I'll know what you mean, but I'll already be home taking a nap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the Landreth is a good choice. It barely weighs 11 oz, depending on the size. At your weight and the distances you're training, a lighter shoe will probably break down sooner and not offer as much cushioning. Choosing a lighter shoe for racing will make you feel like a million bucks on race day. My two cents.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply