Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: women's saddles.... [Ziva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went through about 6 different saddles this year trying to find a good one for me. I finally settled on the Koobi Tri saddle. It just fits me right.
Quote Reply
Re: women's saddles.... [flyer521] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my g/f swears by her specialized bg2 (body geometry), she has tried quite a few but this is the only one she's found so far that doesn't cause pain/friction/rubbing issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the specialized Jett - LOVE it. Love it so much I put it on my road racing bike as well. It molds to your booty...after about 6 weeks you need to move the saddle up about 2-3mm.

-Jennifer

-Jenn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tend to sit pretty far back as well and the saddle that works best for me is the Profile Design Tri Stryke (the one with the cut out), it's by far the best saddle I ever had especially for long distance racing.

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: women's saddles.... [Alexia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for starting the thread. I've gone through quite a few saddles and had resigned myself to being numb after a long ride. Perhaps there is hope. I found a bike shop online, http://www.cbike.com/, that will give me a 7 day trial of a Selle SMP for $20. I also ordered a Specialized Jett and will return the one that doesn't work for me. The saddles that are built up on the ends really don't work for me so finding two that fall off at the front makes me think I can find one that fits.

Here's to not being numb on the run!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: jenhs: Feb 21, 08 21:20
Quote Reply
Re: women's saddles.... [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got my Specialized Jett and I've never felt this comfortable on a saddle. Someone finally really understands female anatomy. Thank you ladies for the suggestion!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About 3-4 years ago, I went through 4 saddles in one month. I was spending more time adjusting the saddle on the side of the road than riding. After marching into a bike shop asking for anything that would help, regardless of price, the guy handed me a serfas cosomos which cost about 55$. Apparently his wife rides and this was, uh, good for their marriage.

I've used it for years, frequently putting in 150-200mi in a week. I get saddle sores about once a year, if that. (Usually because I'm wearing the Pearl Izumi sugar short in the summer). Its a gel seat, with no seams, and there is a little give for the important bits when you go into the aerob position. You don't need a full cutout, but having a depression in the center of the saddle is a big plus. My coach wants be to get rid of it (too old), but I did 11 triathlons and a bunch of bike races last year without any problems.

p.s. I've seen triathletes wear out those women's terry saddles in a year.
Quote Reply
Re: women's saddles.... [xterratri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the Terry Fly Ti after my Terry Butterfly was too broken in. I didn't realize that it was a men's saddle at first. I've been riding it for over a year and am pleased with it, except for the fact that it messed up my light blue coloured shorts. The shorts went black in the areas touching the saddle.

I liked the Butterfly for two season but eventually the padding broke down to the points where there was too much movement, which caused me some pain on long rides.
Quote Reply
Re: women's saddles.... [roadie gal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went through something similar. The saddle on my road bike and my tri bike are totally different animals.

I ended up with the Koobi PRS -- I think it's the same as the tri saddle but with a leather cover. Love it!! I have very narrow sitbones and this saddle just fits so well that I've been riding without cycling or tri shorts on rides up to 50 miles without any problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found selecting a comfortable saddle to be the hardest part of getting into cycling; I'm not sure how many I tried out before settling on the couple I use most regularly.

Out of all I tried, I ended up really liking the Selle Italia SLR gel flow. It's on the narrow side,but the nose it pretty long, so you can adjust yourself quite easily which is something I like and the cut-out fits me well. I find it very supportive, but it may be too firm for others who prefer a little "give." If I'm in the mood for something different, I like the Terry Butterfly because it fits me in the same way, but a softer ride.

Another saddle to check out is the Fizik Vitesse. I've had a love-hate relationship with mine, but I've been using it a lot more lately because it seems to fit me better on my new bike in comparison to the old one. If your hips are really narrow, you may want to try a men's saddle. My friend, whose lower body is built like a twelve year-old boy's (her words) could not find a seat that fit her comfortably until her bike shop guy suggested she experiment with saddles intended for men.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Selle Italia, Lady's, Trans AM, has a big cut out, and the sides of the cut out are super soft. Also try Vasoline, I never ride without it!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI..
I've got alot of saddles for sale in the classifieds section at this time that could be considered "ladies".
Selling cheap.

Enjoyl
Quote Reply

Prev Next